Page 13 of 675 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

yeah cause "class act" means good batsman and ignores behaviour completely
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    yeah cause "class act" means good batsman and ignores behaviour completely :rollseyes:
    Depends on the context really. Only a few around anyway, sadly Dravid has retired.

clarke is one

none in england as usual

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    clarke is one

none in england as usual
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

I think he must mean Rikki Clarke.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Banned
    The inner sanctum of our dressing room is a very sacred place and there is no doubt that we will not be pulling any punches against England. We are going to go out of our way to give them an absolute whipping, because frankly we got a hiding over in England and we will be out to avenge that.

As for Bumble and Vaughan calling it bad sportsmanship, I do not really care what they say to be perfectly honest, Vaughan is on strictly come dancing so I suppose he wants all the other dancing pairs banned in the name of "good sportsmanship"
    Last edited by Kohli_fan; 27-10-2012 at 05:59 AM.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    I see Jono's got a very honest multi.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Banned

England will get back what they gave us :Kohli

Great to see our star player not pulling any punches ahead of this series

Prolific Indian middle order batsman Virat Kohli reckons that it will be absolutely fair if India take advantage of home conditions and make the visiting English side play on rank turners during their upcoming tour. "Why not? We were given flattest of tracks during practice matches in England and Australia and then suddenly presented with a green-top during Tests. During practice matches, we would face those 120 kmph bowlers," a candid Kohli said during a freewheeling chat after a net session with the Delhi Ranji Trophy squad here on Saturday.

"If they [England and Australia] wanted to be fair to us, they could have provided us with same kind of tracks for practice matches like what were used in Tests, especially when they knew that visiting teams get very less time to practice. Now they would be playing on turning tracks and definitely would know where they stand," he said when asked about the fairness of playing

Kohli also sought to play the mind game ahead of the series by stating that Kevin Pietersen will be "under a lot of pressure to perform well" as he is one of their key players who has a good record against quality spin attacks. "There will be huge pressure on KP as he has been playing in India for quite some time and considered to be a good batsman against spin. You may say that the senior England cricketers have an understanding of these conditions but let me tell you, it's not that easy. You might feel they would like to hit spinners but end up doing exactly opposite."

The prolific batsman cited the example of England's Test series against Pakistan in UAE. "Come to think of that particular series, there wasn't much of turn on offer but England couldn't negotiate one quality spinner [Saeed Ajmal] as they lost the battle in their heads," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.
    The inner sanctum of our dressing room is a very sacred place and there is no doubt that we will not be pulling any punches against England. We are going to go out of our way to give them an absolute whipping, because frankly we got a hiding over in England and we will be out to avenge that.

As for Bumble and Vaughan calling it bad sportsmanship, I do not really care what they say to be perfectly honest, Vaughan is on strictly come dancing so I suppose he wants all the other dancing pairs banned in the name of "good sportsmanship"

The important question though, is will there be any punches pulled......

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virat Kohli
    We were given flattest of tracks during practice matches in England and Australia and then suddenly presented with a green-top during Tests.
    Such extreme green tops that England and Australia regularly scored 500 plus totals, often for the loss of very few wickets. What does that say about your bowlers Virat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

can't wait until Kohli actually bats on a real greentop. wtf.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Banned
    Heard Pietersen was practising furiously against slow left arm. Good to see himself getting ready for the Indian pace attack but what about the slower spinners?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Such extreme green tops that England and Australia regularly scored 500 plus totals, often for the loss of very few wickets. What does that say about your bowlers Virat?
    We were without our key swing bowler Zak for large parts of that tour. Anyway as Virat said in the UAE, England struggled against spin on wickets that did not spin much.

You will be playing us on rank turners there is no doubt about that, frankly after what happened last year we are all on board to give England an absolute whipping to be quite honest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
    Heard Pietersen was practising furiously against slow left arm. Good to see himself getting ready for the Indian pace attack but what about the slower spinners?
    I hope Kp is practising, he has stuggled against left arm spin and he has also struggled against left arm pace,

As Kohli said he is one of their few players that should be have decent in India, he carries this England team that is a lot of pressure on one mans shoulders.

i laughed at this given india played one warmup game in England and got bowled out for 224 against a decent bowling attack. Not England's fault they'd played one warmup game. It's not like Kohli actually played a first class game on that tour so how the **** would he know. I don't really care what wicket india prepare just all this bull**** about they did this, so we're going to do this is really childish.

Thread Information