• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

biased indian

International Coach
England should have more lefty in the team..agree cook is good player but we have historically struggled against left handed batsmen

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha Gavaskar being biased towards Cook ahead of Sachin cos Cook is an opener.

Bias towards himself > bias towards India and Tendulkar.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook doesn't look like getting out to Ashwin

Ashwin needs to get him to drive like in the first innings.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pietersen's dismissal looks more and more gimp-like with every viewing.

How hard is it to play bowling on its merits?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pietersen's dismissal looks more and more gimp-like with every viewing.

How hard is it to play bowling on its merits?
The sweep shot requires such a big movement it can rarely be played without a hint of pre meditation. That's why it's important not to sweep too early in your innings or you won't have a grasp of the general areas the bowler is bowling.

Also it pays to keep it as pre meditated as possible... so you would say 'if it looks like it's outside off I will sweep' instead of just 'I'm going to sweep anything'.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KP to SLA; it's the comi-tragedy that keeps on giving.

I hope someone asks him about if afterwards because his level of denial really is chucklesome.

Big session for Ding Dong here. Needs to prove he's more than a mentally tiny FTB with a pretty technique.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting to see Zaheer averaging nearly 35 in India as opposed to under 32 overall.

If he was English or a New Zealander I think he'd be comfortably sub 30, even being made of glass and all.