Page 127 of 675 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    more than just the drought burgey, afl taking over, cricket dying in the arse, reckon pitches are going to stay down the drain regardless of weather
    Is it really? Most of my mates are as into it as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    When does Adelaide start and real cricket, not this woeful **** with spinners bowling and the ball never bouncing above shin height? It's like watching a news reel from 1900 or so. It's laughable.

No wonder it's been thought a joke for 80 odd years. Like watching women's cricket ffs
    Is somebody putting a gun to your head and asking you to watch it?
    Last edited by Senile Sentry; 16-11-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Haha didn't expect Burgey to make this thread exciting. Expected the English fans like GIMH to get emotional here.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

The delivery from Ashwin to take out Compton was gold standard. Wonderfully flighted, lured the batsman forward and then dipped, pitched and viciously turned inward between the smallest of gaps between bat and pad to take out the stumps. Brilliant stuff!

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Just woke up and saw the score... lol. This is going to be fun.
    No it isn't.

Tomorrow's opening session decides the series, if England battle back they have hope of being competitive at times, if not then it looks odds on there will be a 4-0 scoreline. Fortunately they currently have their 2 best bats in and their best player of spin (Prior) to come. I'd be tempted to send Prior in next as Bell is usually a walking wicket against decent spin bowling.

Ashwin now averages 26 with the ball and 38 with the bat, half-way into his 10th test.

Wonder where he will end up overall.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Ashwin now averages 26 with the ball and 38 with the bat, half-way into his 10th test.

Wonder where he will end up overall.
    Depends where he ends up batting, if he stays at 8 then his average should stay quite high as he will get a fair few not outs batting with the tail. Bowling i'd say any spinner who can get 200+ wickets at under 30 has had a bloody good career, only the greats average 25-26ish, don't think he is in that category and will level off at a similar level to Swann and Ajmal are now thus being a bloody good one.

If I was Fletcher I would give him a target now of over 30 with the bat and under 30 with the ball after 50+ tests. Has the talent to do it and if he gets close then India have a great player to build their team around in the future.
    Last edited by flibbertyjibber; 16-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I take twisted satisfaction out of Burgey essentially getting trolled in response to his troll and then biting here.
    This one is sig worthy tbh
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    It's not the first time Burgey has tried to troll and it's backfired on him, resulting in him tweaking his initial stance on the topic and biting. Makes for good entertainment.

If England were to get bowled out relatively early tommorow, should Dhoni enforce the follow on or keep batting?

I suppose conventional wisdom says to enforce it, but how awesome would it be if the English bowlers had to bowl again so soon after spending almost 2 days in the field

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    If England were to get bowled out relatively early tommorow, should Dhoni enforce the follow on or keep batting?

I suppose conventional wisdom says to enforce it, but how awesome would it be if the English bowlers had to bowl again so soon after spending almost 2 days in the field
    I'd bat again for a little while unless there was rain forecast. As I said before, the conditions are only going to get worse, so there's no point giving England better conditions than you have to. Enforcing the follow one wouldn't give you more time to bowl England out anyway as if they batted that long they'd pass your score and make you bat again with the pitch at its worst. Obviously the idea would be to get a move on, but I'd bat again.
    ~ Cribbage

Burgey's insane ramblings about the best thing about this match.

Played sir
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

At what point does Trott's place in the side come into question? Been utter pish for a year.
    Last edited by Furball; 16-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Yeah, but an innings victory would be a lot more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    At what point does Trott's place in the side come into question? Been utter push for a year.
    When you start thinking you have better batsmen than him is my guess. I don't think you're anywhere near that at this point. Bad as he's been, Bell's been worse and you have both Samit Patel and a debutant in your top six. It's definitely a problem but not one that should go as far as the selection table.

Thread Information