• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha hardly a whinge tbf. ****ty couple of days with the whites sucking it hard last night and then waking up to that collapse. We haven't lost a wicket since I woke up though so I'm pulling all nighter tonight.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
On the "sons/grandsons of test players in the same team" thing; obviously Alec Stewart & Mark Butcher must've together a fair bit and must've both played with Dean Headley at least once, so there's another threesome.

Did think about Ealham too, but his dad didn't play tests, if memory serves.
No, Alan Ealham didn't play any tests.

I did wonder about Stewart but I wasn't sure whether Micky played any tests. Perhaps Headley counts twice as his dad and grand-dad both played tests.

Sidebottom and Broad must have played a few tests together a couple of years ago. Might there have been another descendant in the side then?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, got an absolute pie, tried to hit it for six (which it deserved) and got caught at cover off a leading edge. Was bizarre.

EDIT: Prior would have got in too if Zaheer could catch.
TBF, I think it should be a disgraceful shot to a ball that really didn't need an attacking shot. Prior's would have been shocking but he had every right to play an attacking shot to that filth. Execution was terrible, obvs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If we're listing dumb Ian Bell dismissals, getting run out when the ball didn't reach the fence against India last summer has to be in the mix. The fact that Dhoni was persuaded to revoke the appeal is neither her nor there.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Graeme Swann ✔ @Swannyg66

Amazed to discover that @SMeaker18 has got to international level still believing that 'played on' is different to 'bowled' in the scorebook

holy ****. this had better be true. THIS HAD BETTER BE TRUE

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No, Alan Ealham didn't play any tests.

I did wonder about Stewart but I wasn't sure whether Micky played any tests. Perhaps Headley counts twice as his dad and grand-dad both played tests.

Sidebottom and Broad must have played a few tests together a couple of years ago. Might there have been another descendant in the side then?
Tremmers, maybe?

Although with the injury records of Sidearse and him having both in the one side may've been optimistic.

Howe_zat

Audio File
On ****ty dismissals, Keiswetter backing away to square leg in the 2010 T20 final and watching the ball hit the stumps was superb.

hazsa19

International Regular
The Shaun Tait 2005 has my vote. It was obvious that the Aussies had a chance. They needed every run they could get, I'm pretty sure Warne or Lee was going well at the other end. To play a shot like that should be a sackable offence imo.

Edit- Also Richie's comment just after the dismissal was classic Richie

Last edited:

Spikey

it seemed like every time zaheer khan came out to bat in our series he was trying to top rad haddin

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah easily Tait for mine. Lee was getting Australia to a total where England could struggle to get (in the end it was a struggle anyway) and Tait, in a debut series, pulled that **** off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He walked across and basically got bowled around his legs. Ended up showing the whole stumps as he walked across.

flibbertyjibber

Adam Hollioake left a straight one in a test didn't he?

Also KP out hooking early in an innings in UAE last year was a shocker.