• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rodney Hogg's in an ODI vs WI was a beauty. They show it on World Series Classics on Fox. He backed away from Holding iirc, about a metre. Holding followed him and Hoggy shouldered arms. Ball hit his pads and went into his stumps.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Clarke's leave to Simon Jones, Flem? Magic ball though tbf
That one bent in a mile though. The one I'm thinking about (can't get on YouTube at work to link it) he literally just stops midshot and leaves a ball hitting middle stump.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
EDIT: Yeah I'm thinking more dismissals that think the guy should be dragged out the back and shot because it's so ****ing stupid, not just funny dismissals
Dhoni in England wins hands down then. I think literally every single dismissal in the last series was avoidable by simply not batting like a clown.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah again, not really what I'm looking for. Clarke vs. KP at Adelaide a better shout for "what the ****ing actual ****" stakes
If we're including part time bowlers in this then Nasser Hussain getting out to Jacques Rudolph in 2003 is up there. As is Vaughan getting dismissed by Ricky Ponting in the 2005 Ashes.

Spark

Global Moderator
If we're including part time bowlers in this then Nasser Hussain getting out to Jacques Rudolph in 2003 is up there. As is Vaughan getting dismissed by Ricky Ponting in the 2005 Ashes.
I'm including anything where it's the batsman playing an absolutely horrendous shot when their team didn't need it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't watch YouTube at work. Was that the one where he got dismissed off a full toss?
Yeah, got an absolute pie, tried to hit it for six (which it deserved) and got caught at cover off a leading edge. Was bizarre.

EDIT: Prior would have got in too if Zaheer could catch.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah that's just being outdone by amazing bowling and tough batting conditions.
Who invited you into this conversation?

His dismissal to Katich was worse. Ponting actually bowled okay.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was to Warne, tbf.

Yeah no I'm not coming up with anything which matches the pure ****headery of what we saw today