• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because India are ****ter :p

I refuse to believe we'll lose this series, and I'm putting my avatar where my mouth is.

Spark

Global Moderator
Good point. Need a decent list of say, four or five absolutely horrible dismissals. Would be a funny thread.
So we've got

this
haddin @ cape town
bell's 2nd dig dismissal vs pakistan, 3rd Test UAE was pretty funny too
watson's 2nd dig dismissal at jo'burg was almost as horrible as this (left a dead straight ball 3rd ball of the innings or summat)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So we've got

this
haddin @ cape town
watson's 2nd dig dismissal at jo'burg was almost as horrible as this (left a dead straight ball 3rd ball of the innings or summat)
Shaun Tait Ashes 2005 - 4th test.

Flem274*

123/5
So we've got

this
haddin @ cape town
Chris Read ducking a yorker against Cairns.
One of Clarke's epic leaves is up there as well. Can't remember too much about it though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So we've got

this
haddin @ cape town
Bell's dismissal has to be worse that Haddin's at Cape Town. As hilarious as Haddin's dismissal was he probably had the right idea in terms of hitting out and trying to put the South Africans on the back foot. Quite why Bell felt the need to dance down the wicket and try and hit out the ground first ball is beyond me.

Sehwag's dismissal 2nd innings at Edgebaston has to be up there. There was an inevitability about it, as soon as Jimmeh started his run up then you just knew that it would end with Sehwag nicking off. Pretty much every single one of Dhoni's dismissals that series was braindead as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Chris Read ducking a yorker against Cairns.
One of Clarke's epic leaves is up there as well. Can't remember too much about it though.
He had a belter against New Zealand (I think) at the 2007 WC.

Stepped back to crack one through the offside then just stopped midshot and watched the ball onto middle stump.

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh, if you want Sehwag, pick either of his dismissals at Adelaide last summer. Especially the second one.

EDIT: Yeah I'm thinking more dismissals that think the guy should be dragged out the back and shot because it's so ****ing stupid, not just funny dismissals