Cricket Player Manager
Page 12 of 675 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teja. View Post
    i can't quite put a finger on why but it is an amazing feeling to love a much-hated cricket team.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Can't remember Gambhir's last act of ****manship, what was it?
    being a weak **** in england i reckon. dont think he was out there long enough to piss me off last summer
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I can't quite put a finger on why but it is an amazing feeling to love a much-hated cricket team.
    Tell me about it, I support Surrey and England.

Glad that Sky haven't stumped up the cash though. There were some right on the mark comments on Cricinfo, one asking if the England team will be charged $50,000 to rent a changing-room!

State Vice-Captain
    Gambhir just came out with some stuff abt how he and sehwag are still the best opening pair in the country. Won't brook debate from me, as a sad a reflection on India cricket as that is, but the guy has zero introspection. This, and the " prepare rank turners" remark earlier..and to think this guy was being touted as captaincy material not so long ago. Irredeemable prick...I reckon Kohli, as someone pointed out somewhere, will mature in the Ponting vein and will grow to be less reviled than he is today. Gambhir, I can't really wait to see his "open bat face" mug out of the team.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Is Kohli really that hated?

Part of it on here is him being the panto villain thanks to the photo obsession of one poster. I think he was overlyhyped a little by some and given too hard a time by others (short ball etc) but in Australia he looked a class act and is someone to build the new team/batting line up around. Is he captaincy material, I have no idea but usually in India they all get a go at some stage so we may well find out.

Banned
    I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post

Part of it on here is him being the panto villain thanks to the photo obsession of one poster. I think he was overlyhyped a little by some and given too hard a time by others (short ball etc) but in Australia he looked a class act and is someone to build the new team/batting line up around. Is he captaincy material, I have no idea but usually in India they all get a go at some stage so we may well find out.
    So one of those Virat Kohli creeps got to you too, huh?

Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    In fairness we spent about 12 years painting Ponting and Graeme Smith as Panto villains, has done them any harm.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Yeah that Kohli_fan guy is brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    Big deal, young player makes a mistake. Not like a player like Ponting hasn't done worse when he was captain of Australia is it?

class act? yeah right

No different to Strauss playing for Somerset really. Makes sense if Pujara is going to play at 3 to give him as many games as possible. Good move if you ask me as long as people in India see the bigger picture and don't get upset by it.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    class act? yeah right
    Meant the way he batted. As before he was being ridiculed.

Thread Information