• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So, there's hope for England. A fifty!

The pitch is still good for batting, right? So, was it right to ask England to follow on? I don't think it improves India's chances of winning. Then again, not much room for improvement anyway!
Will be five down before we make 150.

Ink it in.

centurymaker

International Captain
Agree, but one can see Dar's point. Cook did have a long stride in and ante UDRS those shouts routinely weren't given because "the umpire would be guessing".

Now, post UDRS, we know such deliveries go on to hit the stumps very regularly, but it's because of Hawkeye that we have this knowledge. India voluntarily abjure the system, so maybe he's of the opinion they can't have it both ways.
the bowl rarely goes over the stumps in india so the only main factor that the umpire has to consider is whether the ball is in line or not. long strides don't matter when the bowl's hit you so low on the pad.

probably time to bring on umesh yadav i say.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the bowl rarely goes over the stumps in india so the only main factor that the umpire has to consider is whether the ball is in line or not. long strides don't matter when the bowl's hit you so low on the pad.

probably time to bring on umesh yadav i say.
Probably not being given as the umpire can't predict how far it will turn with a big stride in. That is their get out excuse anyway.

centurymaker

International Captain
looks like there will probably be a 4th innings. england's lineup is too long to not manage to score more than 322 judging by the way things are going now. cook set for a 150+

centurymaker

International Captain
looks like there will probably be a 4th innings. england's lineup is too long to not manage to score more than 322 judging by the way things are going now. cook set for a 150+
definitely now. dhoni's out of ideas. cook's looking at ease.
i wonder how much will be chaseable on day 5.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
definitely now. dhoni's out of ideas. cook's looking at ease.
i wonder how much will be chaseable on day 5.
Well for a start both batsmen have to start again in the morning so an early breakthrough will probably change the game. India will win this, probably still by an innings the way England's middle order play spin. Time to start questioning Dhoni is this time tomorrow if England are still batting. Until then he has done everything right in this match so far.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well for a start both batsmen have to start again in the morning so an early breakthrough will probably change the game. India will win this, probably still by an innings the way England's middle order play spin. Time to start questioning Dhoni is this time tomorrow if England are still batting. Until then he has done everything right in this match so far.
Look through the gambhiring

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah it looks like enforcing the follow-on wasn't such a great idea. Probably should have scored 200 or so quick runs and given England a target of 530 in five sessions. Rain isn't an issue in Ahmedabad at this time of the year. Would still back India to pull this one out but it isn't going to be easy and there could be an awkard chase of 100+ on day 5.