• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is good from England. Digging in.
As I said earlier, I know we will lose this series but we need to show some fight not roll over for a tummy tickle. At present these two are fighting, and fighting hard. Been a pleasant surprise to be honest.

centurymaker

International Captain
Really, not sure how that wasn't given. Was about as plumb as they come.
i really hope they change the umpires for the next match. we need more aggressive umpires. (not the 1930s type who refrain from giving lbws). give a couple of aussies for the next test

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really, not sure how that wasn't given. Was about as plumb as they come.
Agree, but one can see Dar's point. Cook did have a long stride in and ante UDRS those shouts routinely weren't given because "the umpire would be guessing".

Now, post UDRS, we know such deliveries go on to hit the stumps very regularly, but it's because of Hawkeye that we have this knowledge. India voluntarily abjure the system, so maybe he's of the opinion they can't have it both ways.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's not what you said. You said you made the post the second time to hit home. That's the absolute definitely of trolling, frankly, and you admitted it ffs :laugh:

Lets not pretend you came in here and said he was batting ****, either. What you said was completely different.
Disgraceful that someone would post specifically to get a reaction like that...

centurymaker

International Captain
Sorry, but that's a pretty **** logic.
not really. when it is plumb, you can tell more often than not by the conviction of the appeal particularly against spin (slower) bowling. all the players around the bat have a great view.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
So, there's hope for England. A fifty!

The pitch is still good for batting, right? So, was it right to ask England to follow on? I don't think it improves India's chances of winning. Then again, not much room for improvement anyway!