• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder how India will play it regarding wicket preparation if we do bat way better but still lose. They'll probably plump for avenging the 0-4 last summer. I certainly hope we don't see a re-run of 1981/82 with tracks as dead as can be after the result in the first test.
If it was me in charge i'd back the Indian side to beat England 9 times out of 10 on pitches like this and prepare 3 more exactly the same and go for the kill and revenge. Even if we bring Monty in he is hardly going to strike fear into the Indian batting line up despite being a far greater threat than any 3rd seamer we could choose.

flibbertyjibber

Bad news for Ojha, could be like Trott at Trent Bridge last year, looks nothing but a regulation bit of fielding and ends up serious.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
New record for "sub-fielder with the highest number of test wickets" after Harby's appearance?
You'd think so.

Talking of trivia, if Bairstow does replace Bell and Compton stays in the side for the 2nd test then we'll have three players whose dad or grand-dad also played test cricket (+ Broad of course). Will that be a record?

flibbertyjibber

Ojha back on which is good to see. Goodness knows what he did as he looked in real pain.

50 up, only another 10 of them needed to give us a slim chance.

flibbertyjibber

You'd think so.

Talking of trivia, if Bairstow does replace Bell and Compton stays in the side for the 2nd test then we'll have three players whose dad or grand-dad also played test cricket (+ Broad of course). Will that be a record?
Chappells with Richardson?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You'd think so.

Could very well be. If Tremmers ever gets fit and joins them I think we'd definitely seal the deal.

Chappells with Richardson?
Did all three ever play together?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
pitch hasn't thus far broken as much as it should've and to make matters worse for india, it has slowed down.
reckon england may score big this innings
looking very good

flibbertyjibber

Some minefield this looks now doesn't it?

Makes our pathetic first innings effort even more frustrating. India need to just hang in and wait as they know we will self destruct eventually.