• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kohli fan, I don't think anyone is saying India don't have a right to produce rank turners against England. But for Kohli to imply that England went out of their way to produce flat pitches against India in the warm up game, and then prepare green tops in the tests, then he's quite simply delusional.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Kohli fan, I don't think anyone is saying India don't have a right to produce rank turners against England. But for Kohli to imply that England went out of their way to produce flat pitches against India in the warm up game, and then prepare green tops in the tests, then he's quite simply delusional.
Yeah look mate if you look back at those games last year the decks were flat in the warm up games and veyr green come the test, whether that was by accident or planning thats for you to decide and if it was planned England are in their rights to do that, just as we are to play a rank turner as you say.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah look mate if you look back at those games last year the decks were flat in the warm up games and veyr green come the test, whether that was by accident or planning thats for you to decide and if it was planned England are in their rights to do that, just as we are to play a rank turner as you say.
Well as has already been mentioned India were bowled out on those flat pitches, and to call the Test Pitches very green is pathetically partisan, and not exactly top sportsmanship, considering England did alright.

Kohli's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed if he thinks the Poms deliberately gave India flat pitches in the warm ups last summer. Having said that, they did play a pathetic side in the tour game and also disallowed Monty from bowling to Tendu in the nets. Michael Vaughan likes trolling on twitter. He's lost the right to say anything against anyone after the murray mints fiasco.

grecian

Kohli's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed if he thinks the Poms deliberately gave India flat pitches in the warm ups last summer. Having said that, they did play a pathetic side in the tour game and also disallowed Monty from bowling to Tendu in the nets. Michael Vaughan likes trolling on twitter. He's lost the right to say anything against anyone after the murray mints fiasco.

Whats this pathetic side in the tour game then, the one who bowled India out for 200 odd.

What Murray mint fiasco? Any rules broken.

Yeah mate I dont know what is so funny, frankly the team and fans are all on board to give England an absolute whipping in this series, as I say they will be playing on rank turners, but the fact they have been warned about it shows sensational sportsmanship on our part to be quite honest.

The fact is England are a b grade team against any kind of spin bowling in sub continent conditions.
I will be unpopular for saying this, but this English team is the most overrated team in recent times. Apart from beating an Australian side beleaguered with problems and an injury hit Indian side (who are traditionally crap travellers anyway), what have they done? Lost to WI in early 2009 (WI!), lost to a bottom ranked Pakistan side 3-0 and even managed to lose a test to Sri Lanka post Murali. We are definitely a much more deserving number 1 and our tussle with the crims should be make for much better viewing. Aside from the horrible Ashes loss, Australia haven't lagged behind anywhere/ On the contrary, they beat SL in SL on rank turners and demolished a full strength Indian side at home.

Whats this pathetic side in the tour game then, the one who bowled India out for 200 odd.

What Murray mint fiasco? Any rules broken.
Yeah because teams are breaking rules if they choose not to play certain types of bowlers!

If by some minor miracle, England are outplayed by this joke of an Indian A side in the tour game that wouldn't make it any less pathetic a side. To rate a team based on that is daft.

grecian

Yeah because teams are breaking rules if they choose not to play certain types of bowlers!

If by some minor miracle, England are outplayed by this joke of an Indian A side in the tour game that wouldn't make it any less pathetic a side. To rate a team based on that is daft.

WTF, I've not even talked about India's team or selection, couldn't give a monkeys. Was just suggesting what you said about India's tour here was total BS. You talked about pathetic teams first. Can't fathom your problem really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I actually think producing raging bunsens is going to be counter-productive for the home side. As last winter showed England don't need to ball to be ragging square to struggle against slow bowling.

A normal Indian pitch that takes a little slow turn as the game advances is India's best bet. A track that spins like a top from day one is going to nullify the Indians' advantage in playing spin as the game becomes more of a lottery. It also brings England's second, third and even fourth spin options (Pietersen, Root and Patel could all conceivably play) into the equation, where they'd just be fill-in fodder on a trad Indian surface.

But as for England producing green tops in 2011? Huh? The kind of scores we racked up don't suggest overly sporty decks. Virat's on drugs, IMHO.

grecian

I actually think producing raging bunsens is going to be counter-productive for the home side. As last winter showed England don't need to ball to be ragging square to struggle against slow bowling.

A normal Indian pitch that takes a little slow turn as the game advances is India's best bet. A track that spins like a top from day one is going to nullify the Indians' advantage in playing spin as the game becomes more of a lottery. It also brings England's second, third and even fourth spin options (Pietersen, Root and Patel could all conceivably play) into the equation, where they'd just be fill-in fodder on a trad Indian surface.

But as for England producing green tops in 2011? Huh? The kind of scores we racked up don't suggest overly sporty decks. Virat's on drugs, IMHO.
nah he'd actually be interesting if he was on drugs.......

Kohli_fan

Banned
I will be unpopular for saying this, but this English team is the most overrated team in recent times. Apart from beating an Australian side beleaguered with problems and an injury hit Indian side (who are traditionally crap travellers anyway), what have they done? Lost to WI in early 2009 (WI!), lost to a bottom ranked Pakistan side 3-0 and even managed to lose a test to Sri Lanka post Murali. We are definitely a much more deserving number 1 and our tussle with the crims should be make for much better viewing. Aside from the horrible Ashes loss, Australia haven't lagged behind anywhere/ On the contrary, they beat SL in SL on rank turners and demolished a full strength Indian side at home.

I agree with you mate, we were poor away last year no doubt about that, you totally deserve the number 1 ranking, England are over hyped we looked closer at the results as you have.

grecian

I agree with you mate, we were poor away last year no doubt about that, you totally deserve the number 1 ranking, England are over hyped we looked closer at the results as you have.
Ahh, well we all know you people with failing sight need to look closer at all things, so fair play, but just make sure to keep kitchen roll close, or maybe a durable sock:)

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
haha wtf are you talking about out. First ECB don't select the Somerset team. Second it was a strong Somerset team. Third I'm sure the BCCI will allow Harbhajan to bowl at our guys in the nets... not. Vaughan is a troll but all the english press get fearful abuse from a lot of indians on twitter and although his trolling is pretty stupid and incendiary it's nothing compared to the abuse he gets

Kohli_fan

Banned
Ahh, well we all know you people with failing sight need to look closer at all things, so fair play, but just make sure to keep kitchen roll close, or maybe a durable sock:)
Yeah look mate I am here to talk cricket not about some weird fetish that you seem to have about kitchens and rolls,

Look England have had their arse kicked in India so many times it is not even funny! We certainly will be going all out to give England an absolute whipping this tour no doubt about that

grecian

Yeah look mate I am here to talk cricket not about some weird fetish that you seem to have about kitchens and rolls,

Look England have had their arse kicked in India so many times it is not even funny! We certainly will be going all out to give England an absolute whipping this tour no doubt about that

Oh thank gawd you keep talking about whipping:wub:

I'm so close.....

NasserFan207

Lol at Kohli thinking the pitches in England were greentops. Expect Dhoni told him that so he didn't get too depressed

From what I recall they were fairly sporting, even flat decks for England. Virat's never played on a 'greentop'

Last edited:

theegyptian

no english fan here is disputing that england are probably going to get thrashed. It's a transistion period for England in a place where they've historically struggled in the conditions. fortunately india are in a similar transistion period and have their own problems- even so they should easily be good enough to beat this England team. If India win the first test the likely scenario is a 4-0 win for india but i am slightly more optimistic about englands fortunes that a few months ago due to the poor form of the indian batsmen. England's problems are as much mental as technical against spin. If somehow England could get a result out of the first match of the series then England would gain immense confidence and the press and fans would get on the back of the indian team and England may be able to take a draw out of the series.

least england are doing their best to prepare for the tour by getting to india early and playing lots of tour maches. India's tactic of playing one 3 day warmup was testament to their lack of respect for England and test cricket. England most likely due to their frailties against spin will lose the series easily but least they've given the series the respect it deserves and prepared as well as they could. India on the other hand had terrible preparation for England and then seemed to blame the result on the conditions rather than a lack of preparation.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah look mate if you look back at those games last year the decks were flat in the warm up games and veyr green come the test,
So what does that say about the India batting line up that got reduced to 140-9 by an average Somerset attack (sorry grecian)?

It seems in this statement, Kohli has managed to insult both the Indian batsmen who did terribly on a road, and the Indian bowlers who conceded a 700 plus score on a green top. Considering that, I don't see how you can view what he said as a positive thing.

uvelocity

International Coach
You will be playing us on rank turners there is no doubt about that, frankly after what happened last year we are all on board to give England an absolute whipping to be quite honest.
referring to the quotes from Kohli and his attitude, not the poster's thinly veiled trolling, it's more evidence that the Indian team and management just can't cop a hiding on the chin. India got flogged away twice, it was nobody's fault but the Indian team. Throwing toys out of the cot a year later is not going to bring the dual thrashings back, sorry about that.