• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Really doesn't look that bad to me, he's stepped across and closed himself off and that could easily have clipped leg stump for my money. Anyway, he has a bat, and it's his own fault if he didn't use it.

It is time that we started getting our batters out to play in domestic cricket in the subcontinent. It's not hurt Varun Chopra.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bad decisions really sap the enjoyment of cricket even if they even out. :(
Yeah, I mean there's some natural justice to India as a whole as Sammy was plumb a coupla overs beforehand. However Ashwin was denied a wicket and Yadav gifted one.

**** two wrongs making a right, it was just two ****house decisions.

Nice yorker from the big fella there as I type.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed. Samit wasn't ill-prepared to bat in these conditions like his team-mates; he was just straight up not good enough. They'll take something out of that.. erm I guess.
Same as Compton really, just not good enough to be playing the position they are. Though i'd take Compton at 5 over Bell for the rest of the tour given a choice with a proper opener to open but we have a kid so a bit unfair to throw him in as a lamb to the slaughter.

Lets face it, we are heading for a 5th defeat in 6 tests away and the one we won was down to a KP masterclass or we'd have lost that anyway. Roll on the NZ tour.:laugh:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I love watching Yadav bowl as an Indian fan, he can be a bit expensive at times but he does use the yorker and short bowl every now and then as a surprise which I really like.