• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Kohli_fan

Banned
The inner sanctum of our dressing room is a very sacred place and there is no doubt that we will not be pulling any punches against England. We are going to go out of our way to give them an absolute whipping, because frankly we got a hiding over in England and we will be out to avenge that.

As for Bumble and Vaughan calling it bad sportsmanship, I do not really care what they say to be perfectly honest, Vaughan is on strictly come dancing so I suppose he wants all the other dancing pairs banned in the name of "good sportsmanship"

Last edited:

Kohli_fan

Banned
England will get back what they gave us :Kohli

Great to see our star player not pulling any punches ahead of this series

Prolific Indian middle order batsman Virat Kohli reckons that it will be absolutely fair if India take advantage of home conditions and make the visiting English side play on rank turners during their upcoming tour. "Why not? We were given flattest of tracks during practice matches in England and Australia and then suddenly presented with a green-top during Tests. During practice matches, we would face those 120 kmph bowlers," a candid Kohli said during a freewheeling chat after a net session with the Delhi Ranji Trophy squad here on Saturday.

"If they [England and Australia] wanted to be fair to us, they could have provided us with same kind of tracks for practice matches like what were used in Tests, especially when they knew that visiting teams get very less time to practice. Now they would be playing on turning tracks and definitely would know where they stand," he said when asked about the fairness of playing

Kohli also sought to play the mind game ahead of the series by stating that Kevin Pietersen will be "under a lot of pressure to perform well" as he is one of their key players who has a good record against quality spin attacks. "There will be huge pressure on KP as he has been playing in India for quite some time and considered to be a good batsman against spin. You may say that the senior England cricketers have an understanding of these conditions but let me tell you, it's not that easy. You might feel they would like to hit spinners but end up doing exactly opposite."

The prolific batsman cited the example of England's Test series against Pakistan in UAE. "Come to think of that particular series, there wasn't much of turn on offer but England couldn't negotiate one quality spinner [Saeed Ajmal] as they lost the battle in their heads," he said.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.
The inner sanctum of our dressing room is a very sacred place and there is no doubt that we will not be pulling any punches against England. We are going to go out of our way to give them an absolute whipping, because frankly we got a hiding over in England and we will be out to avenge that.

As for Bumble and Vaughan calling it bad sportsmanship, I do not really care what they say to be perfectly honest, Vaughan is on strictly come dancing so I suppose he wants all the other dancing pairs banned in the name of "good sportsmanship"

The important question though, is will there be any punches pulled......

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Virat Kohli said:
We were given flattest of tracks during practice matches in England and Australia and then suddenly presented with a green-top during Tests.
Such extreme green tops that England and Australia regularly scored 500 plus totals, often for the loss of very few wickets. What does that say about your bowlers Virat?

Spooony

Banned
Heard Pietersen was practising furiously against slow left arm. Good to see himself getting ready for the Indian pace attack but what about the slower spinners?

Kohli_fan

Banned
Such extreme green tops that England and Australia regularly scored 500 plus totals, often for the loss of very few wickets. What does that say about your bowlers Virat?
We were without our key swing bowler Zak for large parts of that tour. Anyway as Virat said in the UAE, England struggled against spin on wickets that did not spin much.

You will be playing us on rank turners there is no doubt about that, frankly after what happened last year we are all on board to give England an absolute whipping to be quite honest.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Heard Pietersen was practising furiously against slow left arm. Good to see himself getting ready for the Indian pace attack but what about the slower spinners?
I hope Kp is practising, he has stuggled against left arm spin and he has also struggled against left arm pace,

As Kohli said he is one of their few players that should be have decent in India, he carries this England team that is a lot of pressure on one mans shoulders.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
i laughed at this given india played one warmup game in England and got bowled out for 224 against a decent bowling attack. Not England's fault they'd played one warmup game. It's not like Kohli actually played a first class game on that tour so how the **** would he know. I don't really care what wicket india prepare just all this bull**** about they did this, so we're going to do this is really childish.

Kohli_fan

Banned
i laughed at this given india played one warmup game in England and got bowled out for 224 against a decent bowling attack. Not England's fault they'd played one warmup game. It's not like Kohli actually played a first class game on that tour so how the **** would he know. I don't really care what wicket india prepare just all this bull**** about they did this, so we're going to do this is really childish.
Maybe you do not care mate, but people like Vaughan and Bumble have been crying about India A not playing any spiinners even though we have the like of Yuvraj and Raina lest we forget who are more than capable of giving England a few heacaches in the warm up game.

Kohli was simply stating what we ae doing is fair and to be honest we are being up front that we will be playing you on rank turners there is no doubt about that!

It is refreshing to see Kohli be so up front, that to me is great sportsmanship something perhaps our opponents on this tour will learn from one day.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Should probably appoint an extra mod or two for this series. Things are about to get heated.

But hey, I'm not complaining! I've got my popcorn ready.

Last edited:

Kohli_fan

Banned
wow lol. good stuff.
Yeah mate I dont know what is so funny, frankly the team and fans are all on board to give England an absolute whipping in this series, as I say they will be playing on rank turners, but the fact they have been warned about it shows sensational sportsmanship on our part to be quite honest.

The fact is England are a b grade team against any kind of spin bowling in sub continent conditions.