• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English off season 2012/13

SeamUp

International Coach
Yorkshire lad Shaw struggling in the u19's. 16 no balls in 11 overs. England doing ok tho.
Did you know anything about the players in the team ? The one's that are spoken of a bit.

Ed Barnard got a 100 at number 7. With Worcestershire.

Our promising quick, Kirsten, fractured his lumbar spine and that really hurt us as we were counting on him and Williams who bowled well.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Did you know anything about the players in the team ? The one's that are spoken of a bit.

Ed Barnard got a 100 at number 7. With Worcestershire.

Our promising quick, Kirsten, fractured his lumbar spine and that really hurt us as we were counting on him and Williams who bowled well.
tbh I don't know much about many of them. They're all a bit too young, Velani was highly thought of at Essex from a real early age but I'm not sure he's progressed quite as they'd liked. Thakor broke into a weak leicestershire team last season and did well but he was injured before the first test - I'd guess he is the most developed of the English group. Stone played a few games for Northants last year without much success. Griffiths is rated highly at Lancashire and has played quite a lot of decent second team and league cricket.

I wouldn't say any of guys (maybe Thakor) have been talked about too much, but we're at the start of a world cup cycle so most of the players are pretty young and still someway from breaking into county cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
tbh I don't know much about many of them. They're all a bit too young, Velani was highly thought of at Essex from a real early age but I'm not sure he's progressed quite as they'd liked. Thakor broke into a weak leicestershire team last season and did well but he was injured before the first test - I'd guess he is the most developed of the English group. Stone played a few games for Northants last year without much success. Griffiths is rated highly at Lancashire and has played quite a lot of decent second team and league cricket.

I wouldn't say any of guys (maybe Thakor) have been talked about too much, but we're at the start of a world cup cycle so most of the players are pretty young and still someway from breaking into county cricket.
Fair enough. We've only picked people thinking about the next WC for our ODI squad. Most of the test team don't qualify. Only our keeper and the 12th man quick does.

Heard of Thakor. Pity about his injury. There was an article on BBC recently where Alec Stewart highlighted him as one two watch for 2013.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A great day two for the England bowlers - I really don't know much about any of them bar Miles, but it looks like Oli Stone used his options pretty well. Would hope we can close it out from here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First couple from the big fella looked a wee bit tentative, but seemed as tho he was building a head of steam as he went.

Last one looked a bit spicey.

Love to see him in the XI come the Ashes.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah would be great to see him back, you still think it is a bit unlikely but I had all but given up on his chances a few years ago so you never know.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A surprising number of 17 year olds playing. Josh Shaw was born in the obscenely recent 1996.
I can remember 1996 vividly.

It doesn't make sense for anyone born that recently to be toilet trained, let alone playing international cricket.