• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English off season 2012/13

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
See Shiv Chanderpaul signed for Derby for next two seasons (+1 more if agreed). Good signing imo even at 38. Kinda signing Derby need if they want to stay in the first division.

Derbyshire sign Chanderpaul

I See in the last couple of days Mike Hussey has been linked to Northants again.

theegyptian

I see Ian Blackwell released a year early by Durham. Had a shoulder op and won't be fit until at least August. Looks like he's going to take up professional umpiring according to his twitter - although not sure if he hopes to find another county and play some cricket before doing that or what.

Still if it is the end a good career- could have been more but one of most entertaining players on the circuit,

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Ian Blackwell released a year early by Durham. Had a shoulder op and won't be fit until at least August. Looks like he's going to take up professional umpiring according to his twitter - although not sure if he hopes to find another county and play some cricket before doing that or what.

Still if it is the end a good career- could have been more but one of most entertaining players on the circuit,
I suppose it will depend on the prognosis but I'd have thought he was still worth a punt - did OK with the bat at Warks at the end of last season and his "explosive" capabilities will always be useful

grecian

Well he can work on being an umpire whilst getting "fit", if his recovery goes well who knows?

Anyway, know there's been talk of him being an awkward character, but I always wish Somerset hadn't got rid of him, feel him in tandem with Kartik, and his batting may have given us our elusive first championship.

He helped Durham win, was MVP, once in one of their championship years, I think. So a very fine career. Should have played more ODIs IMHO, had a decent economy-rate, fitness held him back. Shouldn't ever have played a Test, yet but for a mis-stumping would have nabbed Dravid.

Woodster

International Captain
Will be a shame if Blackwell does have to call it a day following his latest shoulder op. Still seemed to be a very competent domestic performer during his recent spell with Warwickshire, and has been immense for Durham and Somerset over the years. But for his obvious fitness battles would surely have played more ODI cricket for England.

stumpski

International Captain
Yorkshire's Ian Wardlaw called up for Scotland (qualifies through his father) and may be in the side against Afghanistan.

"Afghanistan are going good" he said. I don't know about Scottish, he seems to have trouble speaking English.

Scaly piscine

Yorkshire's Ian Wardlaw called up for Scotland (qualifies through his father) and may be in the side against Afghanistan.

"Afghanistan are going good" he said. I don't know about Scottish, he seems to have trouble speaking English.
If he was Scottish he'd still speak like that, you just wouldn't be able to make out what he was saying in the first place.

It's the one language where subtitles don't help.

grecian

If he was Scottish he'd still speak like that, you just wouldn't be able to make out what he was saying in the first place.

It's the one language where subtitles don't help.
Yeah, rather than the clipped and clear delivery of our North-East brethren.......

Howe_zat

Audio File
Interview with Ajmal Shahzad on cricinfo, nice and optimistic if nothing else. What really catches my eye is the picture, which appears to try and cast him as Rocky

Yeah Ajmal, don't let the man get you down

theegyptian

Interview with Ajmal Shahzad on cricinfo, nice and optimistic if nothing else. What really catches my eye is the picture, which appears to try and cast him as Rocky

Yeah Ajmal, don't let the man get you down
As I said the other day there is definitely still a place for Shahzad in the ODI team if he can get his **** together. Hopefully injury free now and can complete a whole season of drama free county cricket.

theegyptian

Is that a new u19 team? For 2013?

Didn't know all of that had been selected already!
England are definitely getting thrashed in this i think. Lost Thakor with a broken finger was the one guy with a decent amount of first class experience in the english setup- not that SA have a load of experienced guys either. Oh well, should be interesting to see if any good talents come out of it.