Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: English off season 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    hmm not sure how i feel about that. obv it's a smart move from Vic., but on the whole it seems to be a poorer result for cricket in aus.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Also, Vics think they can get Berry done for tapping up. Like, more than rumour and innuendo, get some blokes on the stand.

"The Bushrangers must pick him and nurture him for the future of Australian cricket. If they don't, I know a team across the border that surely will."

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    some pitiful results by the lions in the warmup games. batsmen nor bowlers performing. hopefully can turn in around for the series against aus a starting tonight but i doubt it. None of the bowlers are even taking wickets.

Yorkshire lad Tattersal has been doing well for the u19s. Making contributions with the bat and with his leg spin.

Meaker showing why he was dumped from england ODI squad with some trash with the lions. least he got a wicket, more than most of the lions bowlers have on this tour. I guess it's good that he gets some experience in Aus as there has to be a decent chance he goes on the Ashes tour next winter.

Stokes dropped. Not a good sign. Hope he doesn't waste his prodigious talent. Still very young though.

Not many positives to take from this lions tour so far but Craig Overton has bowled more economically than any of the others. Hell of an experience for an 18 year old; not good that he is showing up the others though.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    New video interview with Dom Sibley up on becoming the 2nd batsman ever to carry his bat through an innings in the 250 Youth Test macthes that have been played.

Dominic Sibley carries his bat for England U19 - YouTube
    how can they possibly appeal for that lbw at the one minute mark.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Meaker showing why he was dumped from england ODI squad with some trash with the lions. least he got a wicket, more than most of the lions bowlers have on this tour. I guess it's good that he gets some experience in Aus as there has to be a decent chance he goes on the Ashes tour next winter.
    How many quicks will they take then? Obviously 12 months away but I'd say he's at best 7th or 8th in line.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Mags has called it a day.
    Anthony McGrath announces retirement
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

School Boy/Girl Cricketer mightymariner's Avatar
    Well I suppose it's better than him failing this season. What a legend tough, will be tough boots to fill.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Decent signing for Northants imo, bringing Trent Copeland in for the first half of the season, should enjoy the early season conditions in England, providing it's not too cold!
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan

Seamer Ben Coles, allrounder Ben Stokes sent home by Eng Lions after repeated "unprofessional conduct" during Aus tour. Both had been warned
    disgrace to the nation

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Interesting, wonder if this will harm Stokes long term chances?

Jonny Tattersall 83 v SA U19 in 3rd ODI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaA0Q...layer_embedded

Kishen Velani with 78 off 93 balls in the 4th u19 ODI

Kishen Velani - 78 v SA U19 - YouTube

Matt Coles, obv. Jesse fixed his tweet up.

Boys were seen frequenting some popular spots in Melbourne while they were here. You'd imagine it'd be related to those sort of activities.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    How many quicks will they take then? Obviously 12 months away but I'd say he's at best 7th or 8th in line.
    injuries and anything can happen. got on the indian tour as a replacement and must have been somewhat close to debuting. certainly no guarantee that Tremlett, Bresnan or even Broad will be there given their recent injuries

Re Stokes and Coles.

Not good news but needed to be done. Hopefully this acts as a warning to all the English representative teams and groups around the world. I can't imagine its ever been better to be a english cricketer with all the money the ecb pay out to develop these players - of course it's mutually beneficial but the opportunities and help these players get to better themselves free of charge are immense and they shouldn't forget that.

Stokes may be talented and destructive as a batsman but if he doesn't want to work on his game and piss away his career it's not going to hurt the ECB. Shame he couldn't learn from Rikki Clarke who himself admitted that he kinda took the piss the first half of his career.

Stokes and Coles apologies strike me as bull really. Coles talking about learning his lesson but obviously he didn't or he would have heeded the first official warning.

Hopefully they can go back to county cricket and put in some performances. Doubt they'll be back in the Lions side for a couple of years though.

Funny couple of tweets from Leicestershire's Greg Smith who is in SL at the moment. Bet Stokes and Coles wish they were there.

Greg Smith ‏@greg_smith14

My Sri Lankan coach took me out for lunch today, he had 3 bottles of Carlsberg 2 plates of cuttlefish and half a pack of cigarettes…

and then tried to take me to a brothel before a 3pm practice, just like being back at uni with @GFoxyFowler

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information