• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English off season 2012/13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
England need to bat the last day to save the u19 test. Seems unlikely given the success of the two SA spinners in the first innings.

Saw this yesterday but didn't know where to put it. More classy behaviour by the BCCI.
Indians ban 30 English players following Test defeat - Telegraph
Typical BCCI. Absolute scumbags.
Read somewhere that had something to do with ECB refusing permission for IPL teams in ireland or something.

Cricinfo carrying that too India Cricket News: IPL snub led to BCCI's county refusal | ESPN Cricinfo

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
darren berry where will you stop

a new man since he played with the thunder
It's got to the point where the Vics have told some young pace bowlers after their first 2nd XI game that they won't play another this year, because other states started sniffing around.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmm not sure how i feel about that. obv it's a smart move from Vic., but on the whole it seems to be a poorer result for cricket in aus.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, Vics think they can get Berry done for tapping up. Like, more than rumour and innuendo, get some blokes on the stand.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"The Bushrangers must pick him and nurture him for the future of Australian cricket. If they don't, I know a team across the border that surely will."

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
some pitiful results by the lions in the warmup games. batsmen nor bowlers performing. hopefully can turn in around for the series against aus a starting tonight but i doubt it. None of the bowlers are even taking wickets.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yorkshire lad Tattersal has been doing well for the u19s. Making contributions with the bat and with his leg spin.

Meaker showing why he was dumped from england ODI squad with some trash with the lions. least he got a wicket, more than most of the lions bowlers have on this tour. I guess it's good that he gets some experience in Aus as there has to be a decent chance he goes on the Ashes tour next winter.

Stokes dropped. Not a good sign. Hope he doesn't waste his prodigious talent. Still very young though.

Not many positives to take from this lions tour so far but Craig Overton has bowled more economically than any of the others. Hell of an experience for an 18 year old; not good that he is showing up the others though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Meaker showing why he was dumped from england ODI squad with some trash with the lions. least he got a wicket, more than most of the lions bowlers have on this tour. I guess it's good that he gets some experience in Aus as there has to be a decent chance he goes on the Ashes tour next winter.
How many quicks will they take then? Obviously 12 months away but I'd say he's at best 7th or 8th in line.

Woodster

International Captain
Decent signing for Northants imo, bringing Trent Copeland in for the first half of the season, should enjoy the early season conditions in England, providing it's not too cold!