Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: English off season 2012/13

Even better to see he's called Hammond and is on Gloucestershire's books.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Going to see a plethora of spectacularly made nines at Chelmsford this summer then.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Yorkshire's Ian Wardlaw called up for Scotland (qualifies through his father) and may be in the side against Afghanistan.

"Afghanistan are going good" he said. I don't know about Scottish, he seems to have trouble speaking English.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Yorkshire's Ian Wardlaw called up for Scotland (qualifies through his father) and may be in the side against Afghanistan.

"Afghanistan are going good" he said. I don't know about Scottish, he seems to have trouble speaking English.
    If he was Scottish he'd still speak like that, you just wouldn't be able to make out what he was saying in the first place.

It's the one language where subtitles don't help.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    If he was Scottish he'd still speak like that, you just wouldn't be able to make out what he was saying in the first place.

It's the one language where subtitles don't help.
    Yeah, rather than the clipped and clear delivery of our North-East brethren.......

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah, rather than the clipped and clear delivery of our North-East brethren.......
    The people of the north east are very clear. Obviously Geordies are different but they're their own species.

Interview with Ajmal Shahzad on cricinfo, nice and optimistic if nothing else. What really catches my eye is the picture, which appears to try and cast him as Rocky

Yeah Ajmal, don't let the man get you down
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Is that a new u19 team? For 2013?

Didn't know all of that had been selected already!
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Interview with Ajmal Shahzad on cricinfo, nice and optimistic if nothing else. What really catches my eye is the picture, which appears to try and cast him as Rocky

Yeah Ajmal, don't let the man get you down
    As I said the other day there is definitely still a place for Shahzad in the ODI team if he can get his **** together. Hopefully injury free now and can complete a whole season of drama free county cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Is that a new u19 team? For 2013?

Didn't know all of that had been selected already!
    England are definitely getting thrashed in this i think. Lost Thakor with a broken finger was the one guy with a decent amount of first class experience in the english setup- not that SA have a load of experienced guys either. Oh well, should be interesting to see if any good talents come out of it.

Yorkshire lad Shaw struggling in the u19's. 16 no balls in 11 overs. England doing ok tho.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Yorkshire lad Shaw struggling in the u19's. 16 no balls in 11 overs. England doing ok tho.
    Did you know anything about the players in the team ? The one's that are spoken of a bit.

Ed Barnard got a 100 at number 7. With Worcestershire.

Our promising quick, Kirsten, fractured his lumbar spine and that really hurt us as we were counting on him and Williams who bowled well.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Did you know anything about the players in the team ? The one's that are spoken of a bit.

Ed Barnard got a 100 at number 7. With Worcestershire.

Our promising quick, Kirsten, fractured his lumbar spine and that really hurt us as we were counting on him and Williams who bowled well.
    tbh I don't know much about many of them. They're all a bit too young, Velani was highly thought of at Essex from a real early age but I'm not sure he's progressed quite as they'd liked. Thakor broke into a weak leicestershire team last season and did well but he was injured before the first test - I'd guess he is the most developed of the English group. Stone played a few games for Northants last year without much success. Griffiths is rated highly at Lancashire and has played quite a lot of decent second team and league cricket.

I wouldn't say any of guys (maybe Thakor) have been talked about too much, but we're at the start of a world cup cycle so most of the players are pretty young and still someway from breaking into county cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    tbh I don't know much about many of them. They're all a bit too young, Velani was highly thought of at Essex from a real early age but I'm not sure he's progressed quite as they'd liked. Thakor broke into a weak leicestershire team last season and did well but he was injured before the first test - I'd guess he is the most developed of the English group. Stone played a few games for Northants last year without much success. Griffiths is rated highly at Lancashire and has played quite a lot of decent second team and league cricket.

I wouldn't say any of guys (maybe Thakor) have been talked about too much, but we're at the start of a world cup cycle so most of the players are pretty young and still someway from breaking into county cricket.
    Fair enough. We've only picked people thinking about the next WC for our ODI squad. Most of the test team don't qualify. Only our keeper and the 12th man quick does.

Heard of Thakor. Pity about his injury. There was an article on BBC recently where Alec Stewart highlighted him as one two watch for 2013.

Tremlett bowling which is good news. If he could get a good, and injury-free start to the season, who knows?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information