• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Matches of the Past Decade

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Test :

2001 Aus vs India ..Laxman Test
2005 Ashes..whole series may be..
NZ's win against Aus was a great test match

All against Aussies just shows how great and dominant a team they were..so the win was that much more special..

ODI :
India vs Pak 2003 WC
India vs Eng Natwest final (Kaif Yuvi)
SA vs Aus record 400 odd chase.. Ponting and Gibbs were great

Mike5181

International Captain
That's definitely the game that sticks out for me as well. The best T20I I've seen has to be this one:

2nd T20I: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch, Feb 28, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

McCullum's epic innings was in that game. Australia looked like they were going to chase it down, but Southee came into the attack and bowled two overs of yorkers and Clarke was run out on the last ball to finish in a draw. Then we won in the super over thing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Definitely that ODI. Hayden absolutely pumped it, then we were dead and buried at 40-4. There'd be a few Chappell Hadlee matches in the mix, ie the ODI before that one, the 2001 series where Bond/Bichel/Bevin were on fire, 2004 series etc.

Dunno why the love for Hobart. That was close, no doubt, but it wasn't an epic until Lord Doug came along.

Nothing beats Edgbaston 2005. Those three matches from 2-4 could all win it.
Warner played a hell of an innings too and the bowling all round was pretty gun.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner played a hell of an innings too and the bowling all round was pretty gun.
True. For mine, I don't remember sitting through any of the first three days and thinking 'hell, we have a real epic on our hands here'. And I'm a bowler. It was a gripping Test but for mine, not the best in the last decade.

With Edgbaston, it just had it all from even before the Test when McGrath was ruled out. There was battle upon battle upon battle throughout. I guess what it also was, was a bunch of cricketers at, or at least nigh-on, the peak of their powers. It was a thrill to watch and I didn't get a lick of sleep throughout. And the DVD box set still entertains me.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Australia vs NZ 2001/2002 Brisbane..Great Test Match..One of the great test series of the decade..Fleming at his captaincy best

Last edited:

sonnench

U19 12th Man
South Africa vs New Zealand - 3rd T20 match in Auckland this year. Great comeback after N.Z were cruising. Also I was at the game, so maybe that made it better than it probably was.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa vs New Zealand - 3rd T20 match in Auckland this year. Great comeback after N.Z were cruising. Also I was at the game, so maybe that made it better than it probably was.
Haha, I was there too. Enjoyed it considerably less. My friend and I facepalmed throughout the closing stages.