• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heath Davis

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My team mate reckoned he played him in club cricket and said he was terrifying as his sole goal was to knock your block off.

Where did he rate for speed?

What did you make of him.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Played with and against him - absolutely hilarious bloke. Not always, or not usually, intentional.

Didn't play with him at the peak of his pace but those who did said he was scary for a few reasons: Was genuinely quick, had no idea where it was going, had a no-ball problem so it was coming from 19 yards and had no desire to bowl line and length.

Few stories involving him that are unprintable but Dipak Patel tells a funny one when Darren Gough (I think?) hit Heath in the head in an ODI without a lid. Dip comes down to see if he's okay and Heath is squealing in his high pitched voice 'RUN DIP, RUN!'. Hilarious fella.

Dazinho

School Boy/Girl Captain
I remembered him from the 1994 tour over here. A very dangerous bowler in the sense that he was extremely rapid and had no idea where it was going.

Another good example of the 'extreme skill but not very good' bowler IMO.

Imagine a side with the 'fast and eratic' battery of Malcolm, Davis and Van Troost operating together. 90mph + for most of the day, and pure pot luck from 22 yards.

Might be a yorker, half-volley, bouncer or even a beamer you can do nothing about....

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Funnily enough in his later years of playing for Auckland, he was very economical/accurate. Wouldn't have been in the 130s but hit a consistent line and length and nipped it a bit both ways. Trucked into the wind all day, then got up to his own thing all night.

Dazinho

School Boy/Girl Captain
Funnily enough in his later years of playing for Auckland, he was very economical/accurate. Wouldn't have been in the 130s but hit a consistent line and length and nipped it a bit both ways. Trucked into the wind all day, then got up to his own thing all night.
Thanks for the info - the version I remember was the 94 incarnation who sprayed it all over the shop. Can imagine he was the sort of bowler who could run through a side on his day, but that day didn't necessarily come about too often.

Quite liking the sound of this Davis/Larsen hybrid that emerged later on - sounds like a quality bowler!!