• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

K Dhermasena best umpire of the year?

Bouncer

State Regular
I have not seen him umpire in as many games as perhaps some of the other folks here have so and the games where i did see him, i do not recall him being an exceptionally good umpire, I wanted to ask this question here us that had Kumara Dharnasena have been really the best umpire between aug 2011 to Aug 2012?

smash84

The Tiger King
My memories of Dharmasena's umpiring too are not the best. I remember him to be pretty ordinary.

But apparently he has improved by leaps and bounds in the last year or so.

So congrats to him

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If the 3rd test at Lords between England and South Africa was the norm for him; then no. He was not the best umpire of the year.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I would've hoped that we've had better...

Mind you, a lot of the decisions were a bit odd. Not sure what more VeePhil had to do to get the Test gong...

salman85

International Debutant
Joke of a decision.

The only thing he deserves is a rename of the DRS to Dharmasena Review System.