Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 344

Thread: ***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

  1. #106
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,747
    Chavan only started taking his bowling seriously in his early to mid 20s too, didn't he? Was a batsman throughout his youth unless I'm thinking of someone else.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  2. #107
    State Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    And alongside Ankeet Chavan's 9fer today, another left arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv took a 8fer too.

    There seem to be a plethora of decent left arm spinners around in the domestic circuit at the moment. Basically all the best in form spinners seem to be left arm orthodox for some reason. Can count about 8/9 who are doing better than Chawla who got into the test team for being a Leggie presumably.



    On another note, Rishi Dhawan scored his third century of the season to go with 35 wickets. Turning out to be a good seam bowling all round prospect.
    Doing it in the bottom tier..Should wait and see next season how he performs against better teams, if his team gets elevated that is..

  3. #108
    International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Chavan only started taking his bowling seriously in his early to mid 20s too, didn't he? Was a batsman throughout his youth unless I'm thinking of someone else.
    Scary knowledge is scary.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society


    E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

  4. #109
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Chavan only started taking his bowling seriously in his early to mid 20s too, didn't he? Was a batsman throughout his youth unless I'm thinking of someone else.
    Quick check shows he made his FC debut 4 years ago batting at 8, so I'm pretty sure he was picked based on his bowling ability.


  5. #110
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Quick check shows he made his FC debut 4 years ago batting at 8, so I'm pretty sure he was picked based on his bowling ability.
    Yeah I wasn't suggesting he came into FC cricket as a batsman; I was thinking he was a batsman as a youth but he couldn't crack FC cricket, so he started taking his part-time bowling more seriously in his early 20s and it paid off. I remember reading an article about it ages ago but it might have been a different player.

  6. #111
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,252
    Basically PEWS is saying all Indians look the same to him. wac

  7. #112
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,747
    Here he is batting 5 for an Under 22s team but he bowled a fair bit in that game as well.

  8. #113
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Basically PEWS is saying all Indians look the same to him. wac


    Chief Running Water



    MS Dhoni.



    He has a point tbf.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  9. #114
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,252
    You're supposed to have their names flipped around you prick. That's the joke.

  10. #115
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You're supposed to have their names flipped around you prick. That's the joke.
    I do!

  11. #116
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,252


    ****ing well played.

  12. #117
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Doing it in the bottom tier..Should wait and see next season how he performs against better teams, if his team gets elevated that is..
    The bottom tier has been competitive, not so much as the middle-tier, but he's been the leading wicket-taker this Ranji and also scored three centuries and one fifty. Hang on, we've selected Ravindra Jadeja, who's the leading run-scorer in the top tier, where pitches are flat, bowling is weak and objectives are to capture leads and (seven results, including three in round six) play out draws. In the middle (eleven results) and bottom tiers (nine results), teams play for wins. Look at the bowling charts- the top spots are largely filled by bottom tier bowlers.

    Himachal is a weak team and there's no chance of them getting promoted to a higher tier, since they don't have a team good enough. If he should get a chance in the top tier, he needs to switch over to Delhi or Punjab, or outside his zone, Madhya Pradesh.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

  13. #118
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,369
    Ganguly had once mentioned in an interview that they should have picked Dinda for the Test series, as he's been consistently getting wickets in Ranji.

    That was in the 2011 season. A honeymoon season, when he took 55 wickets at an average slightly under 20, with two ten-fors. This season, though, he's taken eight wickets at 56, with not even one five-wicket haul. And he's been picked for Tests. Pankaj Singh, on the other hand, still chips away at a good rate, and this time, Awana is getting plenty of wickets.

  14. #119
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,747
    Ganguly has always loved Dinda though.

  15. #120
    State Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    The bottom tier has been competitive, not so much as the middle-tier, but he's been the leading wicket-taker this Ranji and also scored three centuries and one fifty. Hang on, we've selected Ravindra Jadeja, who's the leading run-scorer in the top tier, where pitches are flat, bowling is weak and objectives are to capture leads and (seven results, including three in round six) play out draws. In the middle (eleven results) and bottom tiers (nine results), teams play for wins. Look at the bowling charts- the top spots are largely filled by bottom tier bowlers.

    Himachal is a weak team and there's no chance of them getting promoted to a higher tier, since they don't have a team good enough. If he should get a chance in the top tier, he needs to switch over to Delhi or Punjab, or outside his zone, Madhya Pradesh.
    Going in circles, buddy..We ll agree to disagree..

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Religious Discussion Thread
    By nightprowler10 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 22-10-2014, 06:25 PM
  2. Season XIII-XIV IPL
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Offseason Club Cricket
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 20-04-2009, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •