• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Plenty of Indian prospects, current players and rejects, value the India cap. That includes Sanjay Bangar and Yusuf Pathan. Not Jadeja, who tried to use his India cap to bargain for a bigger IPL contract. This bloke was given loads of chances, and an unquestioned place in the national side, compared to the number of times Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Ishant Sharma, Irfan Pathan and Amit Mishra have been in and out of the side. He is still used with protection, in timing as well as field setting- you'll never see him facing two set batsmen, or bowling with a new ball, or closing the innings. Not different from your usual part-timer. Guess what, the part-timers are good enough for the top six.

Yusuf Pathan won the Duleep Trophy with a double century. Nobody noticed. Yusuf Pathan scored a 150 and took ten wickets in a match. Nobody noticed. Yusuf Pathan's century in an ODI changed that ODI and India won. Once more. Still, twice over, nobody noticed. Ashwin has a Test average of 42 with the bat. Nobody seems to notice.

While Jadeja's two triple centuries are a significant achievement, that doesn't suggest he can win matches for India, or even make a difference in the Indian side. Rather, you now know how cheap runs can get in that area. Instead, we need to encourage the likes of Pankaj Singh, Parvinder Awana, Sandeep Sharma, Bhuv Kumar and Rishi Dhawan, who are getting plenty of wickets, and can make a difference in the national side.

Express pacers make a difference. All-rounders who are strike bowlers make a difference. Batsmen scoring runs in difficult conditions (Delhi, Ghaziabad, Lahli) make a difference. Not two triple centuries in Gujarat and little outside of that- at least JJ Singh, Paras Dogra and Yashpal Singh get runs regularly.
I do believe that there would have been others as well who would have tried to get a better IPL contract with the other franchises, but it hasn't come out in the open. Anyways, we are not talking about IPL here. It is about test cricket for India. He is suited more for tests than T20Is.

Except for Rohit and Yusuf, the others you have mentioned have got lots of chances at test level but have failed while Jadeja has got a chance only now. So, I don't think that argument holds water.

Regarding protection, everyone in the team has his own role. It can be the case that Ashwin can bowl well with the new ball and hence opens the innings few times while Jadeja is better suited to bowl in the middle overs.

At the same time that he makes triple centuries and other high scores for fun, he is taking loads of wickets as well and is now in the list of top wicket takers this season. How do you define that? Does the pitch suddenly turn into a minefield instead of a cheap runs pitch? I dont say that he is a Sobers as well. Just that its worth giving him a shot in tests, which is what he has got now.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ranji Trophy success launches Awana, Jadeja and (what?) Piyush Chawla into the national side. I'd expect Awana and Jadeja to fit in nicely, although they needed one more seamer to get in- Ishant's poor form and Dinda being misfit would call for one more.

Meanwhile, Mandeep Singh scores a double century. I'm not so sure I can imagine a major induction of young players to turn the Indian team's fortunes around, when three of the four youngsters inducted in the Fletcher era have failed the team this time.
Completely agree with you on this. Yadav and Awana should be a good pair, atleast better than what we have put out so far.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I do believe that there would have been others as well who would have tried to get a better IPL contract with the other franchises, but it hasn't come out in the open. Anyways, we are not talking about IPL here. It is about test cricket for India. He is suited more for tests than T20Is.

Except for Rohit and Yusuf, the others you have mentioned have got lots of chances at test level but have failed while Jadeja has got a chance only now. So, I don't think that argument holds water.

Regarding protection, everyone in the team has his own role. It can be the case that Ashwin can bowl well with the new ball and hence opens the innings few times while Jadeja is better suited to bowl in the middle overs.

At the same time that he makes triple centuries and other high scores for fun, he is taking loads of wickets as well and is now in the list of top wicket takers this season. How do you define that? Does the pitch suddenly turn into a minefield instead of a cheap runs pitch? I dont say that he is a Sobers as well. Just that its worth giving him a shot in tests, which is what he has got now.
A lot of IPL cheats have been caught- be it contract-broker Jadeja or spot-fixers Sudheendra, Shrivastav and Mohnish Mishra. We're not talking of IPL, but just the value for the India cap. Sanjay Bangar treasures his India cap, and so does Yusuf Pathan, but this bloke tried to use it as a bargaining chip, which was distasteful. Even Vinay Kumar didn't do this.

Those blokes got loads of chances way before they were ready, while Mishra was dumped after just three bad Tests. His replacements have been very poor. Besides, those players were in and out of the side at the same stretch Jadeja enjoyed a free pass in the side.

Would you have Jadeja facing two batsmen past fifty? At a healthy strike rate? Or in the opening/closing overs of an ODI? Without the defensive, boundary-saving fields? These have been the undoing of any top Indian bowler, and they've been dropped on account of their failings here- now we'll hear calls to drop Ashwin too. Dhoni has done his best to help Jadeja feel like a prince, but his seam-up counterpart, Abhishek Nayar, was reduced to being a towel-boy in his only international appearance.

He never makes triple-centuries and takes loads of wickets in the same matches. When he took six wickets, he struggled for runs. Besides, his triples are the only big scores, and he's been short of runs otherwise- compare that with regular scores over 50 over Kaif, Manhas and JJ. Besides, Rishi Dhawan and Bhuv Kumar have more wickets than him, and they also bowl seam-up, so they'd be more relevant. The BCCI has just acted on one round, and on volumes alone, than the complete picture.

If Jadeja wasn't picked way ahead of his prime (and used that India experience to bargain), we wouldn't be so critical of his selection. But when he's got the chances that could have gone to Nayar, who isn't an infinitely worse player, questions should be raised.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot of IPL cheats have been caught- be it contract-broker Jadeja or spot-fixers Sudheendra, Shrivastav and Mohnish Mishra. We're not talking of IPL, but just the value for the India cap. Sanjay Bangar treasures his India cap, and so does Yusuf Pathan, but this bloke tried to use it as a bargaining chip, which was distasteful. Even Vinay Kumar didn't do this.

Those blokes got loads of chances way before they were ready, while Mishra was dumped after just three bad Tests. His replacements have been very poor. Besides, those players were in and out of the side at the same stretch Jadeja enjoyed a free pass in the side.

Would you have Jadeja facing two batsmen past fifty? At a healthy strike rate? Or in the opening/closing overs of an ODI? Without the defensive, boundary-saving fields? These have been the undoing of any top Indian bowler, and they've been dropped on account of their failings here- now we'll hear calls to drop Ashwin too. Dhoni has done his best to help Jadeja feel like a prince, but his seam-up counterpart, Abhishek Nayar, was reduced to being a towel-boy in his only international appearance.

He never makes triple-centuries and takes loads of wickets in the same matches. When he took six wickets, he struggled for runs. Besides, his triples are the only big scores, and he's been short of runs otherwise- compare that with regular scores over 50 over Kaif, Manhas and JJ. Besides, Rishi Dhawan and Bhuv Kumar have more wickets than him, and they also bowl seam-up, so they'd be more relevant. The BCCI has just acted on one round, and on volumes alone, than the complete picture.

If Jadeja wasn't picked way ahead of his prime (and used that India experience to bargain), we wouldn't be so critical of his selection. But when he's got the chances that could have gone to Nayar, who isn't an infinitely worse player, questions should be raised.
Spot fixing is infinitely worser than contract breaking..can never be talked about in equal terms..I have answered your other queries in my prev post..

Regarding the bolded part, thats good for us. He scores runs on batting tracks and takes wickets on bowling tracks :cool:

And Nayar has got the ugliest batting stance I ve seen, worse than Chanders..I dont think he can exist at top level..his bowling is also just part-time..

Teja.

Global Moderator
I can confirm that Sree has bravely overcome his injuries and has released this message to his fans:

Rythm is gr8 nd gettng good pace.. Now its jst time.. Mostly will join the keralaranji side soon.. Nd play.. Iam ready.. Jai mata di

cnerd123

likes this
If Sree gets his act together, finds his form and rhythm, and stays fit...nah, I'm dreaming. That'll never happen.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice of MI to then come out and top that score off just 6 overs just to rub salt in the wounds