Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 344

Thread: ***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

  1. #61
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Rohit would, too, if he bowled that much. It's been that kind of tournament.

    Rishi Dhawan is one bloke to watch this season. A good all-round performance promoting HP to a higher tier will get him noticed. I haven't seen him in action, but he's been tipped to be decently fast (130k), and he's already been getting runs for HP, as again Irfan being converted into a full-fledged all-rounder. He'll have even more of a shout if he can shoot up to the top wicket-takers list.

    In case Tendulkar wishes to call time, you have another replacement waiting, in Tiwary. With Pujara, Rahane, Tiwary and Kohli, you have four middle-order options for the Test side. However, the number six has to be a bowling option- welcome back, Yuvraj.

    Akash Chopra wants an overhaul of the points system. What do you think? I feel an excess advantage should be given to an outright win, more so for an innings/ten wickets/100 runs.
    Last edited by Arjun; 19-11-2012 at 05:19 AM.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

  2. #62
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Three all-rounders other than Ravindra Jadeja have also had a good tournament. And they're all seam bowlers. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar got a score over 90 and also took nine wickets in the game against Karnataka, but UP didn't press hard enough for a win. He's doing well with both bat and ball, and a string of good batting performances could throw in another real prospect for the thankless Number Six spot. Laxmi Ratan Shukla is amongst the top run-getters and has got his runs at a brisk pace, including a rapid century at a strike rate typical in ODs, but wickets have been few. Then there's Rishi Dhawan from Himachal, but he's got his wickets for more runs between them and he hasn't done much with the bat beyond that century in the opening match. HP, whom he represents, is also in the weakest tier.

    Leading the wickets tally is Shahbaz Nadeem, followed closely by Pankaj Singh and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. Not too many national prospects, but one getting runs and wickets may be in with a chance. Batting charts? Let's see someone in that chart (not named Manoj Tiwary) get some wickets, maybe then we'll look into it. Plenty of flat decks have made run-scoring easy.

  3. #63
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Pankaj Singh is desperate. But he definitely is worth a shot over the likes of Dinda and Mithun, any day.

  4. #64
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Pankaj Singh is desperate. But he definitely is worth a shot over the likes of Dinda and Mithun, any day.
    He's not far off a call up. One more good season needed.


  5. #65
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    From 322 for 5, MP slide to 342 all out. The destroyer for Bengal was Shami Ahmed, who finished with 7 for 79, among the best figures of the season
    Shami looks like a good prospect. Saw him in Duleep Trophy Final and was very impressed

  6. #66
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Umesh, Pankaj, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Ishant in reserve should be a decent roster, home and away.

    Shami can play as a T20 specialist for now. Let him finish four seasons with Bengal first.

    Guess what, Rohit Sharma scores a century.

  7. #67
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Punjab is the form team. Two wins in three matches, and represented in the top runs/wickets tally too. Sandeep Sharma will be one to watch, and Uday Kaul, one to play Tests.

  8. #68
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Odisha have pulled off a huge upset, taking down Karnataka, who have been below par this season. No star performers in this Odisha side, but they now top the table. Baroda, on the other hand, averted an upset and won by the skin of their teeth and a wicket, consigning a fighting Haryana to their third loss this season. Now MP, a team whose players were implicated in spot fixing, look likely to pull off an upset against Bengal. Plenty of results this season in Group B, just two in A, and a few more in C.

  9. #69
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,153
    Ravindra Jadeja becomes first indian to score three triple centuries in first class cricket and 8th ever in first class cricket

  10. #70
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Just the finishing touches to show how irrelevant Ranji Trophy experience is. Blokes who've worked harder for their runs but still unlucky to miss out on an India berth (Badri, Kaif, Mazumdar) are now rendered irrelevant by some flat-track show-off in a tournament full of flat tracks, poor bowling, second-string sides with no overseas or Test team players in action. And yet we mock the IPL, just because it is a 'party', 'circus' league. It is also insulting towards those players who earned not just their India caps, but also every single run or wicket in Ranji Trophy.

    Both Saurashtra and TN are playing dull, negative cricket by batting out two days, when they should have tried to get a few opposition wickets in. Do they have the bowling to take 20 wickets on flat decks in two days? They don't.

    Also disappointing is the scheduling, as even though there's no Test on now, the Test starts on the day after this round ends. Worse, this round is missing Zaheer, Irfan, Ishant, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Harbhajan, Ashwin, Munaf, Ojha- the entire bowling probables roster! And then you wonder how a mediocre batsman gets three triple centuries, when far superior blokes have struggled for their doubles.

    Awana's continued good show with the ball, Rishi Dhawan's (also Bhuv Kumar's and LR Shukla's) continued all-round success, as also Nadeem, Gupta and Konwar getting wickets, is far more relevant than this new trend of successive triple centuries.

  11. #71
    State Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Just the finishing touches to show how irrelevant Ranji Trophy experience is. Blokes who've worked harder for their runs but still unlucky to miss out on an India berth (Badri, Kaif, Mazumdar) are now rendered irrelevant by some flat-track show-off in a tournament full of flat tracks, poor bowling, second-string sides with no overseas or Test team players in action. And yet we mock the IPL, just because it is a 'party', 'circus' league. It is also insulting towards those players who earned not just their India caps, but also every single run or wicket in Ranji Trophy.

    Both Saurashtra and TN are playing dull, negative cricket by batting out two days, when they should have tried to get a few opposition wickets in. Do they have the bowling to take 20 wickets on flat decks in two days? They don't.

    Also disappointing is the scheduling, as even though there's no Test on now, the Test starts on the day after this round ends. Worse, this round is missing Zaheer, Irfan, Ishant, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Harbhajan, Ashwin, Munaf, Ojha- the entire bowling probables roster! And then you wonder how a mediocre batsman gets three triple centuries, when far superior blokes have struggled for their doubles.

    Awana's continued good show with the ball, Rishi Dhawan's (also Bhuv Kumar's and LR Shukla's) continued all-round success, as also Nadeem, Gupta and Konwar getting wickets, is far more relevant than this new trend of successive triple centuries.
    Arjun, I appreciate how you consistently track Indian domestic cricket and provide us good commentary and updates on it. But I am slightly disappointed with your hate for Jadeja. Have frequently seen you picking up on him.

    I for one, believe that he has lots of potential to be the next good if not great allrounder for India in tests and should play tests instead of ODIs. The man has just done what only few greats have done before and we should give him his due.

  12. #72
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,677
    Why are medium pacers so effective in the Ranji? What sort of tracks are they playing on because they can't all be absolute roads if the medium pacers are picking up so many wickets.

  13. #73
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Why are medium pacers so effective in the Ranji? What sort of tracks are they playing on because they can't all be absolute roads if the medium pacers are picking up so many wickets.
    The medium-pacers get all their wickets in North/Central India. Catch any bowler getting wickets in Gujarat and Saurashtra, or South Zone.

  14. #74
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,677
    So the pitches in North/Central are greentops/minefields or something?

  15. #75
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,183
    The pitches Rajasthan plays on are definitely green tops.

    Kanartaka as well I think?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Religious Discussion Thread
    By nightprowler10 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 31-08-2010, 04:05 PM
  2. Season XIII-XIV IPL
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Offseason Club Cricket
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 20-04-2009, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •