Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Simon Champion!
    Santh run out, brilliance from Rohit.

And the very next ball, DHawal gets an edge from Vijay, dropped in the gully, a dolly. Criminal on this pitch.Bloody hell how much luck does Vijay have ?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Gutted I missed the Tendulkar innings yesterday

Simon Champion!
    I really like Rayudu. Should be next in line in the middle order along with Rohit, Rahane and Badri if he's in contention still.

Tiwary starts struggling when the ball starts doing something for the bowlers.

Simon Champion!
    Jaffer tons up again. Shows the selectors who's boss.

Banned
    Jaffer was robbed big time

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Sreesanth looked much better in the second innings of the Irani match. Should have been picked instead of Dinda. Does anyone know if he's in one of the sides for the practice matches?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Pretty sure he'll turn up for India A, he was playing for them against England in the ODIs as well.

Ridiculous how both Sree and Harbhajan were dropped for poor performances, did nothing to earn a call up, and then were fast tracked back into the Test side (not yet for Sree but it will happen eventually) by playing India A and ROI games.

All this while a grand total of zero new bowlers were allowed to debut.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    I would prefer someone who's had a good domestic season and does well in the practice matches. But compared to Dinda, he's a better pick.

On Harbhajan, his attitude was pathetic today. Spinning, bouncing 5th day track - He's bowling decently and gotten a couple of top order wickets after ages - 6 wickets needed for a win and he brings on Tiwary and Rohit Sharma.
    Last edited by shankar; 10-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.

What do Jaffer and Mazumdar need to do to make their place in the national side? Fake their age? Bribe the selectors? These two worked for some other players in the past (until one got caught and the BCCI waged legal war against him). The number of chances Vijay got is quite high. Then count the number of chances Jaffer got- and he ran rings around Vijay in this game. Hang on, even Rahane outperformed Vijay against a better attack, but just short of a hundred, coming in more or less as an opener. While Dhawan was picked largely keeping in mind that he'll partner Sehwag and the combination will work, a Jaffer-Rahane opening combination would be a lot better than what we'll see now.

There's no way Ojha or Ashwin should be playing Test cricket at present. Both were pee-poor in the last few months. While Ashwin's horror series at home seems to have made him a lot less of a prospect, Ojha, way behind the English spinners, was lucky a few batsmen threw their wickets away to him- but not Sachin, who despatched him to the ropes or stands with impunity. And people think Sachin should be dropped and Ojha is a certainty. Ranji spin leader Shahbaz Nadeem should be playing instead of both, and outside of that, Amit Mishra was the best of the worst, while Gujarat's Rakesh Dhurv had one good season.

It's good to see Bhuv Kumar in the mix, but not so good in a four-man bowling attack- but the young man can also score plenty of runs. They should have, however, picked Pankaj Singh, who has performed well in three consecutive seasons, often against better teams. He bowls a little faster than Ishant does at present, is fitter, and in better form. They could also have taken a risk with Ishwar Pandey, running hot until he ran into a flat deck. To sum it up, while it is good to see that they've axed Gambhir for non-performance, they should have dropped Ashwin and Ojha too and picked up more performers from Ranji and Irani matches.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Pretty sure he'll turn up for India A, he was playing for them against England in the ODIs as well.

Ridiculous how both Sree and Harbhajan were dropped for poor performances, did nothing to earn a call up, and then were fast tracked back into the Test side (not yet for Sree but it will happen eventually) by playing India A and ROI games.

All this while a grand total of zero new bowlers were allowed to debut.
    I'm a little undecided about whether Sree-Bhajji or Pankaj-Nadeem should have played in Irani, but these bowlers with international experience bring more to the table than folks who've never played an international yet- although form was not on their side.

I'd prefer to see a grand total of four (or five, for away tours) pace bowlers play Test cricket for the next three years. We've seen too many (as many as eight) players picked in just three years, which is a disturbing stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    I would prefer someone who's had a good domestic season and does well in the practice matches. But compared to Dinda, he's a better pick.

On Harbhajan, his attitude was pathetic today. Spinning, bouncing 5th day track - He's bowling decently and gotten a couple of top order wickets after ages - 6 wickets needed for a win and he brings on Tiwary and Rohit Sharma.
    Exactly. Harbhajan was often hiding and tried to get Ojha to face a set Sachin after a partnership was built, and brought himself on only when a wicket fell, when things were easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'd honestly feel a lot more secure having Jaffer opening the batting instead of Gambhir. Quality player, still remember him scoring a dogged hundred in South Africa against Steyn, Pollock and Ntini when I first started watching cricket. Had a horror tour of Australia which saw him dropped which was fair enough, but compared to some of the options we have as openers, he's unfortunate to be overlooked all the time.
    That pitch was as close to an Indian pitch you will get in South Africa. I remember on day 1 Smith was like "wtf?"

India were like 0/100, batting first, series tied 1-1 and still managed to lose. Quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    He's always been a really classy player and great to watch. Don't remember why he was dropped. Wasn't it because he was getting exposed by the short ball?
    He was **** at anything above 140kp/h. It was embarrassing.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    ...but the beard..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    That pitch was as close to an Indian pitch you will get in South Africa. I remember on day 1 Smith was like "wtf?"

India were like 0/100, batting first, series tied 1-1 and still managed to lose. Quality.

He was **** at anything above 140kp/h. It was embarrassing.
    All true... he's not a great opener by any stretch of imagination but he's way better than Vijay . Definitely deserves a spot more than Vijay on current form at the very least.
    Last edited by Satyanash89; 11-02-2013 at 02:26 AM.

I've only seen him on TV a couple of times in Indian fc cricket since he was dropped. But by God he has plundered attacks like no one has, so he definitely deserves his spot ahead of Vijay, and probably Dhawan too.

But I'd open with Rahane anyway so its a moot point I guess. Jaffer was so embarrassing that he'd have to have seriously improved against pace bowling to warrant a spot in the team. He may well have.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    **** me Sachin averages nearly 100 in the Ranji? Never knew that.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information