• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not going to comment on the merits of Jadeja being on-track to don the ATG tassel on cricketweb. But if he can put in dominant performances at home, SL, WI, BAN, and pull his weight elsewhere, Jadeja would have his name penciled in next to Kapil everytime.
I am one of the biggest Jadeja fans here, but to be serious, he will still need to prove a bit to be considered in All time World teams. But yes, he definitely should find a place in every ATG Indian team.

One thing that works in his favor is, there are not that many quality spin all-rounders in cricket history as batsmen or bowlers. So if he can prove himself with the same form as he is in currently, he can find a place by the time he retires.

Gob

International Coach
Discussions about ravi jadeja are worse than watching ravi Jadeja bowl left arm over the wicket darts.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
"He averages this since the past x years"

Show me Jadeja's away record since those years then? Cmon link me the statsguru :)

Reactions: Gob

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ashwin averages 40 and Jadeja 36 with the ball in tests against SENA in away+netural conditons. ATG my ass. What a disgrace to the tag

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Such anomalies do exist for many ATGs. Lillee averages like 100 in some countries. And Ashwin(arguably) and Jadeja(unarguably) are allrounders.
Even not filtering by countries and overall record. His entire away record is just abysmal. Especially when you look at his odi career too. disgusting stats

Last edited:

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
I asked for his bowling record mate.

And for the record...just five years?? LMAOOOOOOOO. You've decided to grant a player atg standards after JUST 5 years of stats?

Cant blame you. India does have low standards when it comes to making their atg lineup considering their bowling history. Ofc one day i hope india can try catching up to Pakistan's ATG team