• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

bagapath

International Captain
Great career by Dhoni but he still doesn’t make my odi xi

Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Richards
Kohli
DeVilliers
Symonds
Kapil
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath
a straight shoot-out between symonds and dhoni is likely to end in dhoni's favor in my books

Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Richards
Kohli
DeVilliers
Dhoni + *
Kapil
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath

Reserves: Symonds. Jayasuriya. Ponting
In the squad of 16: S.Pollock, Hussey

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Red Hill's side has a lot of holes in it, for me, but we have had this argument to death here and he is entitled to his best XI. Fair to say, not many will share his views though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think you could easily improve on Red Hill's side tbh. Bevan, Dhoni and Symonds all in the mix for the no. 6 spot but not a lot between them when you take all facets into account. Comes down to personal preference at this stage.

I might replace Gilchrist + Symonds with Watson + Bevan and give ABdV the gloves

srbhkshk

International Captain
Sachin
Rohit
Viv
Kohli
ABD
Dhoni
Kapil
Pollock
Saqlain
Wasim
McGrath

Can drop one of Kapil or Pollock for Bevan and ask him , Tendulkar and Viv to complete the 10 overs.

trundler

I don't think you could easily improve on Red Hill's side tbh. Bevan, Dhoni and Symonds all in the mix for the no. 6 spot but not a lot between them when you take all facets into account. Comes down to personal preference at this stage.

I might replace Gilchrist + Symonds with Watson + Bevan and give ABdV the gloves
Wasn't as good a batsman and his bowling is a non-factor.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am assuming Gilchrist keeps in Red Hill's team. Wouldn't want De Villiers keeping to Murali.
Thought he had MSD in the side. Either way, when I have MSD he is the keeper. Don't need Gilchrist to keep and given that and the fact that Jayasuriya was the better opener, it makes sense to pick him, for me.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Imran's ODI record has grown on me and I am inclined to say he is the best ODI all-rounder ever but it's not easy to fit him in an ATG ODI side because only place for an all-rounder is either as opener or in lower middle order.

TheJediBrah

srbhkshk

International Captain
Imran's ODI record has grown on me and I am inclined to say he is the best ODI all-rounder ever but it's not easy to fit him in an ATG ODI side because only place for an all-rounder is either as opener or in lower middle order.
Nah, Kapil is at least as good if not better imo, their bowling records are almost similar and while Kapil does go in the territory of low average he played on quite a bit more than Imran (225 matches to 175), his record in the 80s with 143 matches (batting average 27 with SR 100+, bowling average 26.25 is extreme I think.)