• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

bagapath

International Captain
Less than 50 tests AT XI

B. Richards
Trumper
G. Headley *
G. Pollock
Weekes
Faulkner
Tallon +
R. Harris
O’Reilley
Bond
Barnes

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a few days since it started and the white ball edition of the thread is racing towards this legendary thread which has remained relatively quiet.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
I would have thought 4 tests for Richards is still too few for you.
Harris and Bond have more objectionable career lengths for my money, because they are the only two who proved that they couldnt manage proper careers, as opposed to everyone else who just played in the wrong era.

Logan

U19 Captain
There are so many options among bowlers who played less than 50 Tests

Alan Davidson

Mohammad Asif

Wes Hall

Andy Roberts

Ian Bishop

Colin Croft

Peter Pollock

Mike Procter

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I’d take Davidson, Roberts and Bishop, with Procter as an all rounder

bagapath

International Captain
under 25 tests ATG XI

Barry Richards
Vijay Merchant
George Headley (C)
Graeme Pollock
George Aubrey Faulkner (6)
Mike Procter (3)
Dennis Lindsay (wk)
Frank Tyson (1)
Shane Bond (2)
Colin Blythe (5)
George Loahmann (4)

between 26 and 50 tests ATG XI

Victor Trumper
Arthur Morris
Clyde Walcott
Everton Weekes
Stan McCabe
Vinoo Mankad (c)
Johnny Waite (wk)
Alan Davidson
Andy Roberts
Jim Laker
Sydney Barnes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris and Bond have more objectionable career lengths for my money, because they are the only two who proved that they couldnt manage proper careers, as opposed to everyone else who just played in the wrong era.
Couldn’t manage? They were chronically injured. I don’t know that that is a management issue

Bolo.

Couldn’t manage? They were chronically injured. I don’t know that that is a management issue
I mean not capable, not managment. Not capable as in not fit (with the additional late bloomer thing for Harris)- their own limitations rather than the limitation imposed by their own sides not playing enough.

h_hurricane

I will give it a try for 50-74 tests

Jack Hobbs
Herbert Sutcliffe
Don Bradman
Frank Worrell
Andy Flower
Keith Miller
Chris Cairns
Wally Grout (wk)
Joel Garner
Bishen Singh Bedi
Allan Donald

bagapath

International Captain
I will give it a try for 50-74 tests

Jack Hobbs
Herbert Sutcliffe
Don Bradman
Frank Worrell
Andy Flower
Keith Miller
Chris Cairns
Wally Grout (wk)
Joel Garner
Bishen Singh Bedi
Allan Donald
Fred Trueman is a lock in place of Cairns

Lillee in for Garner

h_hurricane

Fred Trueman is a lock in place of Cairns
I thought about him. However, in a bowling lineup having Garner, Donald and Miller who were locks for me, Trueman wouldn't have added as much as what he would have added as a first choice bowler in most other teams. Without Cairns who will do a good job as a fourth quick bowling choice imo (or Tony Grieg in place of him), that tail looks so weak.