• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

ataraxia

International Coach
Andrew Jones worth a shout for the 2nd XI? Was a good bat.

I loved the NZers when I was a kid in the 80s because I was obsessed with Footrot Flats comics and I'd made a connection between the two really strongly. Andrew Jones and Ken Rutherford struck me as guys who'd be in FF.
Jones could enter as a replacement for Latham, Fleming, Southee, or Motz but I think he doesn't get in. Very close though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Africans who have played for another country (fill in the blanks):

Wessels

Labuschagne
Pieterson
Grieg (c)

Wagner

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
South Africans who have played for another country (fill in the blanks):

Wessels

Labuschagne
Pieterson
Grieg (c)

Wagner

Kepler Wessels
Andrew Strauss
Marnus Labuschagne
Allan Lamb
Andy Flower +
Kevin Pieterson
Robin Smith
Jonathon Trott
Tony Greig
Basil D'Oliveira
Neil Wagner

Short two decent bowlers (Wagner, D'Oliveira, Greig and Labschagne would have to do all the bowling with maybe KP chiming in), but you'd struggle to bowl them out twice in 5 days

ImpatientLime

International Regular
i'm not having andrew strauss as a south african.

moved to england when he was 6 and could not be a bigger tory if he tried. bloke bleeds thatcher.

Flem274*

123/5
watlings got a kiwi af accent. not sure when he moved. must have been young because teenagers tend to retain their saffer accent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kepler Wessels
Andrew Strauss
Marnus Labuschagne
Allan Lamb
Andy Flower +
Kevin Pieterson

Robin Smith
Jonathon Trott
Tony Greig
Basil D'Oliveira
Neil Wagner

Short two decent bowlers (Wagner, D'Oliveira, Greig and Labschagne would have to do all the bowling with maybe KP chiming in), but you'd struggle to bowl them out twice in 5 days

Should be an interesting 5th wicket partnership then.. Wonder if they can be mic'd up for their mid pitch conferences. :p

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If South Africa had all their native born players and no selection restriction, they would have won the recent series against England. Fair to say?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
On the other hand, if England would have played only native born players, they would have lost ashes for sure and also likely not won the recent series.

bagapath

International Captain
if india and pakistan and bangladesh hadnt split up theyd have probably put up the best xi of the last 40 years

sehwag
gavaskar
miandad
tendulkar
kohli
imran
shakib
dhoni + *
kapil
wasim
waqar

Slifer

International Captain
if india and pakistan and bangladesh hadnt split up theyd have probably put up the best xi of the last 40 years

sehwag
gavaskar
miandad
tendulkar
kohli
imran
shakib
dhoni + *
kapil
wasim
waqar
Sehwag
Gavaskar
Dravid
Sachin
Kohli*
Miandad
Dhoni +
Imran
Ashwin
Akram
Wasim

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ryan ten Doeschate might be a suitable candidate for a short spell here & there.
Good call, didn't realise he was born there, adds something with the ball at least.
Kepler Wessels
Andrew Strauss
Marnus Labuschagne
Allan Lamb
Andy Flower +
Kevin Pieterson
Robin Smith
Ryan ten Doeschate
Tony Greig
Basil D'Oliveira
Neil Wagner