• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine what stephen would do if he actually posted or read a site with obnoxiously partisan Indian fans. This place is nothing by comparison.
Oh there are definitely several obnoxiously partisan Indian fans here, they are just offset by more sensible ones

Burgey

A feud of the decade thread would be interesting. I'd personally nominate Miyagi vs everyone. Though there have been some other beauties, that epic *****/Burgey feud was 5-star.
I find it pretty astonishing that people believe I consider ***** important enough to hate.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I find it pretty astonishing that people believe I consider ***** important enough to hate.
Of course there was no hate bro, it was the banter which was top notch. Almost like Federer v Nadal type of back & forth. Much better than my midcard tiff with Captain Charisma & his boorish opinions which fall out of his colon.

Daemon

Would rather sit through 5 hours of Nathan Lyon highlights than read another page of ***** v Burgey.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Did this start cos I didn’t include Barrington in my English XI because I prefer the fluent stroke play of May and Compton?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Did this start cos I didn’t include Barrington in my English XI because I prefer the fluent stroke play of May and Compton?
Moreso just grilling him about spreading factoids about players he has no knowledge about based on averages alone. As Crowley used to say - Stupidity is a sin.

ataraxia

International Coach
JB Hobbs
H Sutcliffe
L Hutton
WG Grace*
WR Hammond
DCS Compton
APE Knott +
GA Lohmann
H Verity
FS Trueman
SF Barnes

2nd:

G Boycott
AN Cook
KS Ranjitsinhji
KF Barrington
PBH May*
LEG Ames +
FE Woolley
MW Tate
H Larwood
JC Laker
JM Anderson

Discuss.

bagapath

International Captain
JB Hobbs
H Sutcliffe
L Hutton
WG Grace*
WR Hammond
DCS Compton
APE Knott +
GA Lohmann
H Verity
FS Trueman
SF Barnes

2nd:

G Boycott
AN Cook
KS Ranjitsinhji
KF Barrington
PBH May*
LEG Ames +
FE Woolley
MW Tate
H Larwood
JC Laker
JM Anderson

Discuss.
Cant have four legit openers in one team however legendary they are. That is cheating. Be a man and take a call, mate. You have to look into the woman's eyes and say "Yes, I do". There is no way out.

JB Hobbs
L Hutton *
DCS Compton
WR Hammond
KS Ranjitsinhji
IT Botham
APE Knott +
John Snow
Jim Laker
FS Trueman
SF Barnes

2nd:

H Sutcliffe
WG Grace
PBH May*
KF Barrington
Kevin Pieterson
LEG Ames +
Wilf Rhodes
MW Tate
Alec Bedser
H Larwood
GA Loahman

ataraxia

International Coach
Cant have four legit openers in one team however legendary they are. That is cheating. Be a man and take a call, mate. You have to look into the woman's eyes and say "Yes, I do". There is no way out.

JB Hobbs
L Hutton *
DCS Compton
WR Hammond
KS Ranjitsinhji
IT Botham
APE Knott +
John Snow
Jim Laker
FS Trueman
SF Barnes

2nd:

H Sutcliffe
WG Grace
PBH May*
KF Barrington
Kevin Pieterson
LEG Ames +
Wilf Rhodes
MW Tate
Alec Bedser
H Larwood
GA Loahman
Without 'cheating' my first XI's 1 to 6 is:

JB Hobbs
L Hutton
WR Hammond
DCS Compton
KS Ranjitsinhji
KF Barrington

10 players in the team can bowl; no need for Botham.

sunilz

International Regular
Yeah the Indians on this site are mostly pretty decent, but there does seem to be a cultural obsession with stats. There is a good reason I stay off Reddit.
I would prefer stats over people's opinion any day.
I am giving you 2 examples.
Garry Sobers : Subhash Gupte is better leg spinner than Shane Warne
Don Bradman : Selected Lillee over Marshall in his AT XI.