• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Earlier today I found this XI on page 431. Very strong.
Nicely done by RH. Can't really think of any way to improve that side. Maybe Roach for Griffith as SCC suggested, or possibly even Sylvers, but his Test record is a little underwhelming I suppose.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nicely done by RH. Can't really think of any way to improve that side. Maybe Roach for Griffith as SCC suggested, or possibly even Sylvers, but his Test record is a little underwhelming I suppose.
Griffith is a ******g legend tho.... oh god, I hate these Bajans....

SillyCowCorner1

Barbados drawing more similarities to NSW than what was thought at first glance ;-)
I don't know of NSW's prowess at this current time...but Barbados have sucked in the regional 4-day competition in the past few years.

But, I don't want to he complacent, there is a Bajan whom I admire at the moment: Justin Greaves. I like his technique...a cross between Kraigg Brathwaite and Roston Chase.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know of NSW's prowess at this current time...but Barbados have sucked in the regional 4-day competition in the past few years.

But, I don't want to he complacent, there is a Bajan whom I admire at the moment: Justin Greaves. I like his technique...a cross between Kraigg Brathwaite and Roston Chase.
It's more that Barbados & NSW are both regional teams that everyone else hates. Mainly due to their successes.

If there's a NSW player that I admire it'd have to be Simon Katich, even though he's really a West Australian.

morgieb

New South Wales

Arthur Morris
Sid Barnes
Don Bradman
Stan McCabe/Neil Harvey
Victor Trumper
Steve Waugh/Monty Noble
Adam Gilchrist +
Ray Lindwall
Allan Davidson
Bill OReilly
Glenn McGrath

Might be stretching a bit having Bradman, Harvey and Gilchrist, but they played for NSW.
Harvey is way too much of a stretch IMO. I know he did play for NSW at the end of his career but he spent the majority of his FC career playing for Victoria, and more importantly he was born and bred in Victoria. If you're counting him you may as well count Miller who at least spent the majority of his career playing Shield cricket for NSW. Also Border should count if you're including Bradman or Gilchrist.

morgieb

Haddin would be a decent shout for the NSW side, but if anything Oldfield probably has the strongest claim
If you consider Gilchrist a WAussie (I'd still count him as a NSWman but am aware he played **** all for us) then Oldfield should be next in line, yeah.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it's hard for me to think of Gilly as a NSWelshman. Admittedly you could make up teams for players' state of origin, but I usually tend to categorize them according to the state they played for the most. If in doubt, SOO becomes the determining factor.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Dad's XI

Michael Papps
Assad Fudadin
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Ollie Pope
Eldine Baptiste
Naveed Abbasi
Qaiser Abbas
Bapu Nadkarni