• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In contrast, see how none of the Indian posters thought this was a slight on Sachin or felt the need defend Sachin.

Indian posters on this forum >>> Aussie posters. Proved again.
I did give an immediate acknowledgment that it was harsh.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's almost as if the people commenting here didn't watch both series'. 14/15 were the worst roads I've seen in this country. They caused Johnson to retire mid- series ffs.

17-18 had some flat decks but they also had some difficult decks for the batsmen. Smith's century at the Gabba was one of the best centuries of all time.
Fake news

sunilz

International Regular
Burgey who rates Tendulkar in ODI by his performance in only WC final (sample size=2 ) is getting annoyed that someone is rating Smith in test by his performance in 4 th inning ( sample size =18 innings ) . From where do you bring so much hypocrisy ?

vcs

All we need is for ***** to come here and rate Smith purely on knocks played in Bangladesh.

TheJediBrah

Burgey who rates Tendulkar in ODI by his performance in only WC final (sample size=2 ) is getting annoyed that someone is rating Smith in test by his performance in 4 th inning ( sample size =18 innings ) . From where do you bring so much hypocrisy ?
That makes no ****ing sense no matter which way you look at it.

Not that I agree with it, but claiming that only WC finals matter is because they are (supposedly) the only important games

In no way is 4th innings the only important innings in Tests. You win most games by making big runs in the first innings

Burgey

Because WC KOs are the only time ODI runs count, as I have definitively proven over and over again. Whereas test runs count across all four innings of a match.

But I’m wondering why (not really) you’re incapable of seeing how woeful this approach you take is.

Sunilz: “Sachin is the best player of pure pace ever.”

Random poster from Australia: “actually Sunilz, I think Viv was a better player of pure pace than he was.”

Sunilz: “Yeah? Well, Warne was **** in India, wasn’t he, eh? Eh? Eh? Yeah, take that!!!”

Random poster from Australia: “.......” while thinking “This bloke’s got the IQ of a gnat.”

sunilz

International Regular
That makes no ****ing sense no matter which way you look at it.

Not that I agree with it, but claiming that only WC finals matter is because they are (supposedly) the only important games

In no way is 4th innings the only important innings in Tests. You win most games by making big runs in the first innings
And you are going to reach WC final without scoring in group matches, quarter finals and semi-finals. This makes perfect sense to me . Thank you.

Note to cricketweb : Please rule out Klusener from all future ODI ATG discussion because he never played in WC final .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Top 3 pacers in the world right now (Aus & Ind only)

1 Bumrah
2 Cummins
3 Starc

Top 3 Test spinners

1 Ashwin
2 Lyon
3 Jadeja

My personal opinion.

sunilz

International Regular
Because WC KOs are the only time ODI runs count, as I have definitively proven over and over again. Whereas test runs count across all four innings of a match.

But I’m wondering why (not really) you’re incapable of seeing how woeful this approach you take is.

Random poster from Australia: “actually Sunilz, I think Viv was a better player of pure pace than he was.”

Sunilz: “Yeah? Well, Warne was **** in India, wasn’t he, eh? Eh? Eh? Yeah, take that!!!”

Random poster from Australia: “.......” while thinking “This bloke’s got the IQ of a gnat.”
Random poster from AUS : Smith is the 2nd best batsman after Bradman
Sunilz : But he can't even win you a test series in Bangladesh.
Random poster from AUS : Bradman would make sure AUS ATXI would comfortably smash WI ATXI and average 100 against WI pace quartet.
Sunilz : So why can't 2nd best after Bradman atleast win you a series in BAN, SL , PAK , IND
Random poster from AUS : Mate you are a multi of cevno , precam etc.

TheJediBrah

way too much real life

And you are going to reach WC final without scoring in group matches, quarter finals and semi-finals. This makes perfect sense to me . Thank you.

Note to cricketweb : Please rule out Klusener from all future ODI ATG discussion because he never played in WC final .
omg that is not relevant at all to what I said. I even directly said that I don't agree that WC finals are the only ones that matter

Burgey

He’s not an atg odi player. He had a couple of good years incl the 99 WC but that aside he was a handy bowling slogger and no more. A seam up Afridi but not as good a bowler.

TheJediBrah

Random poster from AUS : Bradman would make sure AUS ATXI would comfortably smash WI ATXI and average 100 against WI pace quartet.
Sunilz : So why can't 2nd best after Bradman atleast win you a series in BAN, SL , PAK , IND
mate even in your made up scenarios you still come across looking the worse of the 2

Burgey

Parody of yourself. Hop in the house of mirrors and have a good, hard look at yourself

Burgey

Top 3 pacers in the world right now (Aus & Ind only)

1 Bumrah
2 Cummins
3 Starc

Top 3 Test spinners

1 Ashwin
2 Lyon
3 Jadeja

My personal opinion.
Fair shout. Particularly Bumrah who’s exceptional. Love him. Not sold on Ashwin - Lyon out bowled him with a tomato in India last tour and he’s utterly woeful in non SC conditions.