• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Starc in for zaheer for sure
Zaheer got a beatdown in 2003 final. It was always going to be an uphill struggle from there - so while Sachin has admittedly failed in finals, I really don't think you can hold 2003 against him much.

See how hard it is to chase ~250 in a World Cup game, nevermind 350+ in a final.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure. The other 4 deserve to be there though.

Think Dhoni should be replaced by B Mac. Also, Imran played a horrible innings in a semi and leaked runs in the final. Was awesome with the bat though. Can't find a decent AR who bottled it. Harsh on Klusener.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Judging players on one or two performances in one or two semis or finals is pretty harsh.

Days of Grace

International Captain
But he rectified it with an unbeaten 37 in the '99 final. Could have been a few more too if they weren't chasing 140 or whatever. Your convenient omission of a fact here and there irks me like nothing else. You should be a politician
Also left out the brilliant ton against New Zealand in the 1996 quarter final.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Revised XI

Greenidge
Finch
Kohli
Kallis
Hussey
McCullum
Botham
Rashid
Donald
Zaheer
Waqar
Harsh on Donald who took a 4 wicket haul in the 1999 WC SF. Him and Pollock were comfortably better than any Aussie pace bowlers in that match. You could replace him with Srinath who bottled badly in 2003 final.

TheJediBrah

Harsh on Donald who took a 4 wicket haul in the 1999 WC SF. Him and Pollock were comfortably better than any Aussie pace bowlers in that match. You could replace him with Srinath who bottled badly in 2003 final.
Donald's bowling is irrelevant. He's in the team for his failure to move his legs to the other end of the pitch costing SA the World Cup.

sunilz

International Regular
That was not scoring 50s. More like padding up stats.His first 30-35 runs helped the team. Remaining runs inflated his batting average.

trundler

Asian ODI XI

Rohit
Tendulkar
Kohli
Sangakarra/Miandad
Shakib
Dhoni
Imran
Kapil
Wasim
Saqlain
Muralitharan

trundler

Or

Anwar
Jayasuriya 5
Sangakarra+
Abbas
Aravinda 8
Yuvraj 7
Razzaq 6
Afridi 4
Vaas 1
Bumrah 2
Waqar 3

Flem274*

123/5
the plane home odi side

warner
rohit
kohli
smith
dhoni
finch
pandya
jadeja
starc
bumrah
shami

silly team, strong in the same areas. had to demote finch to 6 to fit him in the side. cummins and lyon unlucky to miss out. i expect if i were australian id put both in there.

Flem274*

123/5
but muh conspiracy cornered kittens side

****er zaman
tamim
babar azam
shakib
haris 'phlegm told you so in 2014' sohail
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH rahim
marmadoola
shadab
the cheat
the jacket
shaheen afridi

trundler

the plane home odi side

warner
rohit
kohli
smith
dhoni
finch
pandya
jadeja
starc
bumrah
shami

silly team, strong in the same areas. had to demote finch to 6 to fit him in the side. cummins and lyon unlucky to miss out. i expect if i were australian id put both in there.
Carey over Dhoni any day