• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

a massive zebra

International Captain
My All Time ODI XI

Sachin Tendulkar (7)
Richard Hadlee (2)
Virat Kohli (c)
Viv Richards (6)
AB de Villiers
Michael Bevan
MS Dhoni (wk)
Lance Klusener (5)
Joel Garner (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)
Glenn McGrath (1)

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My All Time ODI XI

Sachin Tendulkar (7)
Richard Hadlee (2)
Virat Kohli (c)
Viv Richards (6)
AB de Villiers
Michael Bevan
MS Dhoni (wk)
Lance Klusener (5)
Joel Garner (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)
Glenn McGrath (1)
Surely you were hoping someone would ask about Hadlee opening?

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I have thought of a bit of an artifical ATG XI where every test nation has to be represented, although that was before the recent introduction of Ireland and Afghanistan. 11 players from 10 nations, but Bradman is going to be in every side so Bradman plus one player from every nation.
Mine is

Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
G. Pollock
Sangakarra
A. Flower +
Shakib Al-Hasan
Imran Khan
Hadlee
Warne
Marshall

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
Sangakarra
Flower
Sobers
Gilchrist
Shakib
Procter
Imran
Hadlee

All rounder galore.

Bolo

State Captain
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
Chapell
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Procter
Hadlee
Marshall
Warne

A less extreme version of the allrounders team. Might actually be the strongest XI- it outbats 4 pure bowlers+ one extra atg bat comfortably and the bowlers complement each other better.

bagapath

International Captain
Bob Simpson
Jayasurya
Hammond
Kallis
Sobers
Miller
Gilchrist +
Shakib
Imran
Botham
Kapil

Vinoo Mankad
WG Grace
Faulkner
Stanley Jackson
Ted Dexter
Andy Flower +
Tony Greig
Flintoff
S Pollock
Rhodes
Hadlee

Only allrounders...

Red

I have thought of a bit of an artifical ATG XI where every test nation has to be represented, although that was before the recent introduction of Ireland and Afghanistan. 11 players from 10 nations, but Bradman is going to be in every side so Bradman plus one player from every nation.
Mine is

Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
G. Pollock
Sangakarra
A. Flower +
Shakib Al-Hasan
Imran Khan
Hadlee
Warne
Marshall
Hutton/Hobbs
-
Bradman
Tendulkar
Sobers
Flower +
Shakib
Imran
Hadlee
Steyn
Murali

Actually works particularly well if you just include the greatest cricketer from each nation. Some might be a bit debatable, but all in all I think it'd be the consensus.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Hutton/Hobbs
-
Bradman
Tendulkar
Sobers
Flower +
Shakib
Imran
Hadlee
Steyn
Murali

Actually works particularly well if you just include the greatest cricketer from each nation. Some might be a bit debatable, but all in all I think it'd be the consensus.
Steyn a better cricketer than Kallis? C'mon mate. English one is also debatable, but not egregious

Red

Steyn a better cricketer than Kallis? C'mon mate. English one is also debatable, but not egregious
Hardly "egregious" to say that it "might be a bit debatable" that a bowler who some consider the greatest quick of all time, and at very least in the top five quicks of all time, might also be his nations' best cricketer.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I went with Pollock being South Africa's best but Kallis has to be right up there with his bowling being as well. Steyn certainly has been an exceptional fast bowler but I thought Marshall is usually considered to be the best fast bowler of all time. Proctor is another brilliant cricketer

Barry Richards is rated exceptionally highly by those who saw him play for South Australia. Given he averaged 109.86 in his season here that is hardly surprising, but I do not think he is up there overall.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hutton/Hobbs
-
Bradman
Tendulkar
Sobers
Flower +
Shakib
Imran
Hadlee
Steyn
Murali

Hobbs
Kallis
Bradman
Tendulkar
Sobers
Flower +
Shakib
Imran
Hadlee
Rashid Khan
Murali

As of current record, Murtagh is the best. But by reputation and am sure by near future, Rashid Khan will be the best to come out of Ireland/Afghanistan.

Good batting and bowling depth. Good variety in bowling. A team for all conditions, mainly subcontinent. And the best player from each nation. I like this team :)

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Hobbs
Kallis
Bradman
Tendulkar
Sobers
Flower +
Shakib
Imran
Hadlee
Rashid Khan
Murali

As of current record, Murtagh is the best. But by reputation and am sure by near future, Rashid Khan will be the best to come out of Ireland/Afghanistan.

Good batting and bowling depth. Good variety in bowling. A team for all conditions, mainly subcontinent. And the best player from each nation. I like this team :)
I like this team but Kallis is not really an opener. Could put Kallis at 4 and open with Gavaskar.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Underrated ATG ODI XI

Brian Lara
Virender Sehwag
Kumar Sangakkara
Allan Lamb
Carl Hooper
Michael Hussey
Shaun Pollock
Daniel Vettori
Richard Hadlee