• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Bolo

State Captain
What's this thread descended into now?

Where has the Bradman is the greater cricketer-sportsman than C B Fry debate gone?
Or the Bradman dominated one half of his sport more than Jahangir Khan dominated his debate?
Bring them back, please!
What's this thread descended into now?

Where has the Bradman is the greater cricketer-sportsman than C B Fry debate gone?
Or the Bradman dominated one half of his sport more than Jahangir Khan dominated his debate?
Bring them back, please!
Bradmans allround sports achievements are very impressive, but there is no touching Fry outside of cricket. Double international in the biggest sports, finalist in what was probably the biggest domestic competition in world sports and world record holder in a well recognised sport.

Bradman was achieving at a much lower level of competition than this. And more importantly, never got offered the Albanian throne.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
He even ran 10.39 in the 100m as a student. Student.

That made him one of the fastest ever, at the time, in an event, that is globally sought after, that was 3rd in his priorities at best. While a student!

Carl Lewis, took gold with a 10.32 at the 1984 Olympics. That's how fast Bo was. In a sport that wasn't even on his radar and that the world achieves to strive for.
10,32 was the time Carl Lewis ran in his opening heat, i.e. when cruising. In the final he ran 9.99, and all 8 athletes beat 10.39.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Non prick Australian XI

Morris
Woodful
Trumper
Hussey
Noble
Miller
Benaud
Davidson
Tallon
Lindwall
Mailey

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
10,32 was the time Carl Lewis ran in his opening heat, i.e. when cruising. In the final he ran 9.99, and all 8 athletes beat 10.39.
Considering he lied about his favoured one being in his two sport's hall of fame I really wouldn't expect anything factual from MM.

stephen

Not including prolific fixers since that'd be too easy.

Arsehole XI:

Boycott
Warner
Ponting
S Waugh
Miandad
Ganguly
Haddin
Adcock
Roy Gilchrist
Harbhajan
McGrath

Coach: Ravi Shastri

With Shane Warne and Botham on commentary
Are you advising Kohli of being a match fixer? Because that's the only reason he wouldn't be captain of this team.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yeah, what you're missing is, Bo wasn't training for primarily for track and field, he was training for baseball and gridiron.

So while he did a 10.44 at high school and a 10.39 in College, he could have easily trained for the Olympics instead.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Considering he lied about his favoured one being in his two sport's hall of fame I really wouldn't expect anything factual from MM.
Oh, this is real cute. You really think people would lie about sportsman's achievements instead of just simply getting their facts wrong? You're taking the internet far too seriously dude.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Having acknowledged that you don't actually know much about Bo Jackson, is all your knowledge coming from the 30 for 30 ESPN documentary and being overly impressed?

Starfighter

Oh, this is real cute. You really think people would lie about sportsman's achievements instead of just simply getting their facts wrong? You're taking the internet far too seriously dude.
Considering that you're the only one who treats this board as a competition, and the only one who brags about their supposed (yet not demonstrated) intellect, you'd think you might have taken a course to a pointed question that didn't include two massive howlers.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No. But you should watch that 30 for 30 :)
Might some time. Love the 30 for 30 docs. The one on Wade (one of my favourite sports persons) was wonderful to watch. Nothing against Bo Jackson here. I am happy he had a baseball career after that hip replacement and four years of NFL.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Considering that you're the only one who treats this board as a competition, and the only one who brags about their supposed (yet not demonstrated) intellect, you'd think you might have taken a course to a pointed question that didn't include two massive howlers.
Yeah, it still seems to me that you're still taking this forum far too seriously.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wow

You probably are taking this a bit too seriously though Starfighter. Miyagi's posting direness is not exactly a secret, and doesn't require constant demonstration from others. He does that himself.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Might some time. Love the 30 for 30 docs. The one on Wade (one of my favourite sports persons) was wonderful to watch. Nothing against Bo Jackson here. I am happy he had a baseball career after that hip replacement and four years of NFL.
Yeah, I love a lot of the 30 for 30 docs too. There's some real gems in the back catalogue.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
wow

You probably are taking this a bit too seriously though Starfighter. Miyagi's posting direness is not exactly a secret, and doesn't require constant demonstration from others. He does that himself.
Maybe, maybe not. But we all knew about Bradman before this thread started. And now some people will go away and learn something more about Bo Jackson and further enrich their sporting knowledge outside of just cricket. Whether they read articles, or watch videos, they'll learn about an American sports marvel.

Starfighter

wow

It's just so fascinating though. I mean, how deep can one dig a hole?

cnerd123

likes this
People didn't even appreciate Burgey and me educating the forum on food, and that's far more interesting than Bo Jackson.

Why I bring this is up is because we were warned to stfu and stop polluting threads with our nonsense, and we have. Mods?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are mistaken. No one appreciates you piling on needless info like this.
I don't know, the same info once or twice is ok. Even if you don't care you can scroll past it. It's when it's the same info like 87 times that can become annoying.

bagapath

International Captain
Back on topic...

One player every five years from the last 55 years XI

Gavaskar (73-78)
Boycott (68-73)
Viv Richards (78-83)
Tendulkar (98-03)
ABDV (08-13)
Sobers (63-68)
Gilchrist (03-08)
Akram (88-93)