Cricket Player Manager
Page 131 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3924
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Tom or Richie Richardson should really be in there too. Pretty hard to compare the pair to work out who's better.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Which non-related Headley qualifies Dean to be in there?
    Yeah my bad. I had forgotten about the connection with George so I've added Tom Richardson.

Debating whether Paul Adams should be there if Jimmy was better to replace Funky.

Flametree's XI is great how he's clearly chosen an altnerative to an ATG while many of my players were very close in standard to the player I decided was better.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 30-04-2013 at 04:09 AM.

H4G
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    From my memory he was a relatively poor keeper, and my opinion regarding Wasim is well known. Most over rated cricketer imho
    Flower was always a good keeper, he might not be in same league as Healy,Knott & Latif's but was as good as Gilchrist if not better.And Was without any doubt is best left arm bowler ever if not best bowler ever.
    Last edited by H4G; 30-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.

H4G
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    One of these things is not like the other
    One of these things just doesn't belong..
    and what exactly is that thing?

H4G
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

Fixed.
    Bradman was great captain for sure but Imran was better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by H4G View Post
    Flower was always a good keeper, he might not be in same league as Healy,Knott & Latif's but was as good as Gilchrist if not better.
    Nah I couldn't disagree with this more.

I think Flower was actually fairly comfortably better than Gilchrist as a batsman but he wasn't a Test standard gloveman. He kept for Zimbabwe for the sake of balance for the lack of other alternatives. The fact that Taibu got a shot so early while Flower was still playing, despite being a nothing batsman at the time, says a lot about Flower's keeping. I'd probably sooner pick de Villiers to keep in my side than Flower.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

H4G
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Nah I couldn't disagree with this more.

I think Flower was actually fairly comfortably better than Gilchrist as a batsman but he wasn't a Test standard gloveman. He kept for Zimbabwe for the sake of balance for the lack of other alternatives. The fact that Taibu got a shot so early while Flower was still playing, despite being a nothing batsman at the time, says a lot about Flower's keeping. I'd probably sooner pick de Villiers to keep in my side than Flower.
    Taibu had got a chance because Flower gave up keeping because he was getting older & wanted to concentrate on his batting alone.I rexpect your opions but personally I rate him him very highly as a batsman & that his wicket keeping skills were good enough.Thats why I would always have him in my greatest XIs doing the job of keeper.

ATG Wicketkeeper Team

01. Farokh Engineer
    02. Alec Stewart
    03. Kumar Sangakkara
    04. Clyde Walcott
    05. Andy Flower
    06. Adam Gilchrist
    07. Alan Knott+
    08. Bowler
    09. Bowler
    10. Bowler
    11. Bowler
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    ATG Wicketkeeper Team

01. Farokh Engineer
    02. Alec Stewart
    03. Kumar Sangakkara
    04. Clyde Walcott
    05. Andy Flower
    06. Adam Gilchrist
    07. Alan Knott+
    08. Bowler
    09. Bowler
    10. Bowler
    11. Bowler
    You tanked out on the funnest part. Zohrer and Taibu are certs as bowlers. Dhoni and de Villiers bowl handy medium pace.. can we count Andrew Hall as a wicket keeper? Dilshan?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Alfred Lyttleton - demon lobster

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H4G View Post
    Flower was always a good keeper, he might not be in same league as Healy,Knott & Latif's but was as good as Gilchrist if not better.
    Giclhrist was far better as a keeper... I think Flower was a slightly better batsman than him, but keeping wise, it's not really that close. Flower was a great batsman who kept for the sake of team balance... kind of like Dravid... he was surely better with the gloves than Dravid , but you know what I mean... he was quite untidy to be honest.

Why is Gilchrist's keeping so underrated? He was such an awesome batsman that people automatically think his keeping wasn't great? The reason he is almost a certainty in most All Time XIs is because he was a very, very good wicketkeeper in addition to his superb batting. He grabbed almost everything that came his way and kept to Warne brilliantly as well, which is very difficult to do

International Captain
    Gilchrist was a genuine Test class keeper. Flower was not a keeper at all. You could put him in a best of three arm-wrestling contest with Alex Stewart to see who was worse.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    B.Richards
    L.Hutton
    J.Kallis
    S.Tendulkar
    B.Lara
    R.Ponting
    A.Knott
    D.Steyn
    W.Akram
    M.Murali
    G.McGrath

Bradman obv is a big difference as is Gilly. Didn't want to go for FTBs so went for Knott. Bradman aside it is close. I'd say my fast bowling is arguably stronger (only slightly) and the spinners cancel each other out. The batting is where you have an edge. Leave Bradman aside, it's very close there too although obviously Gilly is far superior to Knott as a batsman (inferior keeper though, relatively speaking).
    My batting is stronger even without Bradman. It bats down pretty much to number 11 and bowling is probably better as well.

hadlee > Steyn
    MArshall >= McGrath
    Imran > Wasim
    Warne = Murali
    Last edited by smalishah84; 30-04-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    My batting is stronger even without Bradman. It bats down pretty much to number 11 and bowling is probably better as well.

hadlee > Steyn
    MArshall >= McGrath
    Imran > Wasim
    Warne = Murali
    Well you're obviously going to think your own side is better given you straight up picked what you consider to be an ATWXI. It goes without saying that no-one will be able to name a team you consider better.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Alfred Lyttleton - demon lobster
    Is that a crustacean possessed by the devil or something?

Please feel free someone to finish the Wicketkeeper XI. The topic of Bowling Wicketkeepers is not my forte.

Thread Information