• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People forgetting how big of a **** Ganguly was in his playing days it seems. Afridi a cheating **** though so special mention to him.

Michael Clarke is your god btw. Only reason why LHC has him in this battle is because he was adamant Hussey would end up the better cricketer than him and now he's tasting.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke. His cavalier attitude to claiming grassed catches rankles & the effette hairlessness of his chest stands in stark contrast to the honest, yeoman, hirsute glory of his sometime throttler's own décolletage.
Haha, great post.

Speaking for myself I've never managed to summon up any particular hatred for Clarke, and he went up in my estimation by putting a night of filth with la Bingle ahead of a prolonged wait to participate in the infantile ****ing Team Song.

Ganguly of course a prickly customer but it's wrong to hold that against him too much; and after all he's up against a serial cheat in Shahid Afridi. There's much to like about Afridi as a player, but his well-recorded acts of dishonesty have to count against him here.

A pity that the great man Trevor Bailey was ever in this competition, btw; the more so that he should have "won" that last round.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A pity that the great man Trevor Bailey was ever in this competition, btw; the more so that he should have "won" that last round.
Must confess to having nominated Bailey - I think he would have been delighted to be in the competition and to have progressed - he could be a cantankerous bastard, and was very proud of that

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
People forgetting how big of a **** Ganguly was in his playing days it seems. Afridi a cheating **** though so special mention to him.

Michael Clarke is your god btw. Only reason why LHC has him in this battle is because he was adamant Hussey would end up the better cricketer than him and now he's tasting.
Was sorely tempted to draw him with Cronje and Malik itbt.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ganguly. For a certain period he was like an infected limb in the body for Indian team that no one was able to remove.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If by stupid you mean cream boundaries through the offside, he's already done that. Many times.

Kohli should play without a shirt on itbt.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Results of Round 1, Battle 4:

Afridi - 10
Clarke - 1
Ganguly - 4

Our Shahid showing his teeth.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 5

Sir Donald Bradman (Australia)

Crimes:

- General detachment and aloofness from teammates
- Opposed pay rises for cricketers who then defected to WSC
- Missing his round despite being loaded at the time
- Trying to get Fleetwood-Smith, McCabe, Fingleton and O'Reilly perma-dropped from Test cricket for being 'insubordinate' (and incidentally, Catholic)
- Own son changed his surname to 'Bradson' out of sheer annoyance of springing from his loins

'Bradman's playing philosophy – that cricket should not be a career, and that those good enough could profit from other avenues – also seems to have borne on his approach to administration.' - Gideon Haigh

'With these fellows out of the way, the loyalty of my 1948 side was a big joy and made a big contribution to the outstanding success of that tour.' - The man himself

'He was a very fine bat.' - Jack Fingleton, when asked about his personal relationship with the Don

Sir Ian Botham (England)

Crimes:

- Single-handedly fracturing Somerset (and taking Viv Richards with him) with schoolboy antics
- Designated troll of Sky commentary team
- At least two extramarital affairs
- Beating up people on airlines
- Called out for racist abuse and ball tampering by Imran Khan, and then losing the defamation case he filed because it was true

'What have you done, what have you done?' 'I've run you out, you ****.' - Botham clarifies things to Geoff Boycott

'I told him that the people around him had caused his paranoia. Botham did things in that period and afterwards that I will never forgive or forget – never.' - Peter Roebuck

'Babe, you ain't seen nothing yet! The mighty Beefy sword awaits ... and that's just for starters.' - Botham in an e-mail to his mistress

Andrew Symonds (Australia)

Crimes:

- What we were all thinking
- Missing an entire training camp because it was fishing season
- Turning up hungover the day Australia lost to Bangladesh
- Naked assault

'He can go home then!' - Ricky Ponting after learning about Roy's nighttime adventures

'The main concern from us is Andrew's commitment, to playing for this team and, in my opinion and I know the rest of the leadership team's opinion, you need to be committed 100 per cent.' - Michael Clarke

'Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of ****, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of.' - Symonds stuck between two metaphors re: Brendon McCullum

FFS, if you shot the guy, he wouldn't die.
- Cribbage manages to be a pessimist even in his fantasies

Last edited: