Oops sorry, Salim Malik
Oops sorry, Salim Malik
Quarter-final 1 Results:
Salim Malik - 10
Harbhajan Singh - 1
Arsey run from Bhajji finally gets slapped down.
Quarter Final 2:
Javed Miandad (Pakistan)
- Does not work or play well with others
- Subject of a player's revolt while captain in 1982
- Coached Pakistan, failed, so naturally the PCB reappointed him twice
- A decent snapshot of his relationship with Imran
- ...which led onto a career known for its grace and tact
- Checking self in as team baggage in 1996 so he could say he played in six World Cups, and averaging 27 striking at 51
- PCB stooge
- Married son into family of an international terrorist
"Obviously when you have other sub-standard teams across the world, then surely Australia will end up being the No. 1 team." - Javed "Richard" Miandad
"Had it been Javed Miandad in charge, who seldom spotted a potential fire without wading in with a can of petrol, they'd probably have had to use the waste pipe on the motorised water mop as a riot cannon." - Christopher Martin-Jenkins on the 2006 forfeited Test
"My guess is that Imran's efforts were aimed at trying to create an intrigue against my captaincy." - After not being invited to a party thrown by his BFF Imran Khan
"Despite the injustices done to me and the conspiracies hatched against me I am still very happy with what I achieved in the game and what Pakistan cricket has given to me." - It's tough being Javed
"What Miandad did was the most disgraceful thing I have seen on a cricket pitch." - Greg Chappell weighing the Lillee incident against witnessing Ray Bright bowl
"You're a fat bus conductor. You have no place here." - Miandad to Merv Hughes during the 1991 Adelaide Test
"Tickets please!" - Merv dismisses him him next over
Roy Gilchrist (West Indies)
- Used freakish fast bowling talents mostly to sate a freakish irritability
- Profligate and deliberate use of beamers
- Picked up a stump and hurled it at a Lancashire league batsman's head, hitting him
- High-profile sending home by Gerry Alexander
- A few violent tendencies
- ...culminating in branding his wife's face with an iron
"A tragedy born of the interaction between a flawed individual and a malformed society, an almost Greek inevitability as man and system proceeded to their inevitable and final collision." - Former Jamaican prime minister Michael Manley
"Your wife is a sympathetic woman, and more than you deserve. I hate to think English sport has sunk so far that brutes will be tolerated because they are good at games." - The judge at his domestic violence hearing[/QUOTE]
brumby basically made the same comment on both malik and miandad's mo
Equally applicable tho, would make for a fascinating Battle of the Facially Fungal.
Gilchrist. Definitely Gilchrist.
Giclhrist by far.
Miandad is an idiot but i still cant help but like him... Gilchrist is just despicable
I'll stick with Miandad, if only because there's so much more that could be said against him.
Going with Adam's mad uncle Roy
Properly nasty human being, tbh.