Forever 63* at the SCG
Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"I don't think that they'll come close to us to be honest."
- Steve Smith before the Ashes
I can't believe Kohli got further than Geoff ****ing Boycott.
Round of 16, Battle 2
Sunil Gavaskar (India)
- Abrasive captain, bloke, commentator
- Paid shill for the BCCI
- Walking off the field and dragging his partner with him after being given out, while captain
- And you thought Kallis was selfish - scoring 36* (174) in the 1975 World Cup opener
- Demanding Kapil Dev be dropped because of 'reckless cricket' in 1984 and refusing to play at Eden Gardens for fear of being booed
- Commentary ranked beneath Navjot Sidhu and Arun Lal
- His finest moment as commentator - "Here is a man who did not walk walk when he was 14!" - (0:53)
- Ruthless advocate for rule changes that encourage FTBs
"I can't forget the time he once told a team meeting - 'The day I stop thinking of money, I will stagnate.'" - Bishen Bedi
“I would also like to suggest that there should be no water for bowlers at the boundary end.” - Gavaskar on the ban on runners for batsmen
"Millions of Indians want to know if it [match referee Mike Procter's verdict against Harbhajan Singh] was a 'white man' taking the 'white man's' word against that of the 'brown man'. Quite simply, if there was no audio evidence, nor did the officials hear anything, then the charge did not stand." - Sunil Gavaskar, while an employee of the BCCI
"Dejected Indians were pathetically pleading with him to die fighting. Their flags hung limp in their hands. It was a perverse moment of self-inflicted shame." - The Cricketer, 1975
"It was the most disgraceful and selfish performance I have ever seen… his excuse [to me] was, the wicket was too slow to play shots but that was a stupid thing to say after England had scored 334. The entire party is upset about it. Our national pride is too important to be thrown away like this." GS Ramchand, Indian manager in 1975
Mohammad Asif (Pakistan)
Yes, I would make your sister a widow.
- Suspended for being a drug cheat (exonerated after a lengthly boo-****ing-hoo), 2006
- Suspended for being a drug cheat, 2009
- Third stooge of the spot fixing scandal
- Drug smuggling in the UAE
- Attempted extortion of his fiance
- Hide yo kids, hide yo wife
"I didn't do anything wrong. There was one no-ball and, whatever the scenario was behind it, I described it in the court. There are lots of things and it will be in my book, which will be launched very soon." - Foreword to Asif: It's Tough Being Me
"It is hard to see how this could be an isolated occurrence for you." - Justice Cooke hands down his judgment on the above quote
"I love cricket: it is something that runs through me in my veins and my blood." - Along with THC
"I seriously expected a bravery award after what I have done." - Asif's ex-girlfriend after testifying on his spot-fixing
"He is a friendly and nice guy. I was shocked to hear about the allegations, so I dropped him from the film." - Bollywood director about Asif starring in a movie promoting friendship between India and Pakistan
Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 18-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
"The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber
RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.
My God what a battle. Worthy of a final.
I'll go with Asif, but I feel dirty not voting for Gavaskar
Asif, but seriously, can we give Gavaskar a back route to the final?
Asif. But what a battle.
RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
Gavaskar is an old softie against Asif the slimy piece of ****. Did not deserve the God given talent he threw away.
Asif, miles ahead of Gavaskar.. ...This is a no-contest. Asif vs Azharuddin would've been better.
Last edited by weldone; 18-02-2013 at 11:40 PM.
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW
Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta
Has to be Asif, yeah.
Sunny really is quite the **** tho, it must be said. Still tilting at colonial windmills after all these years.
Asif comfortably enough, but Sunny certainly has his moments
Gavaskar gets far more **** than Azhar, who is a far far far worse human being.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)