Cricket Player Manager
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Infamous

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Shastri.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Shastri. I know I haven't participated in this thread, but how the **** did Azhar not make it this far?
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    He drew Roy Gilchrist, and even then it went to a tiebreaker.
    Yeah, I mean, I voted for Azhar but Gilchrist beating him isn't a disgrace or anything. Bloke was a genuinely nasty bit of work.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I can't believe Kohli got further than Geoff ****ing Boycott.

Anyway, Shastri.
    ​63*

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Round of 16, Battle 2

Sunil Gavaskar (India)

Crimes:

- Abrasive captain, bloke, commentator
    - Paid shill for the BCCI
    - Walking off the field and dragging his partner with him after being given out, while captain
    - And you thought Kallis was selfish - scoring 36* (174) in the 1975 World Cup opener
    - Demanding Kapil Dev be dropped because of 'reckless cricket' in 1984 and refusing to play at Eden Gardens for fear of being booed
    - Commentary ranked beneath Navjot Sidhu and Arun Lal
    - His finest moment as commentator - "Here is a man who did not walk walk when he was 14!" - (0:53)
    - Ruthless advocate for rule changes that encourage FTBs

"I can't forget the time he once told a team meeting - 'The day I stop thinking of money, I will stagnate.'" - Bishen Bedi

“I would also like to suggest that there should be no water for bowlers at the boundary end.” - Gavaskar on the ban on runners for batsmen

"Millions of Indians want to know if it [match referee Mike Procter's verdict against Harbhajan Singh] was a 'white man' taking the 'white man's' word against that of the 'brown man'. Quite simply, if there was no audio evidence, nor did the officials hear anything, then the charge did not stand." - Sunil Gavaskar, while an employee of the BCCI

"Dejected Indians were pathetically pleading with him to die fighting. Their flags hung limp in their hands. It was a perverse moment of self-inflicted shame." - The Cricketer, 1975

"It was the most disgraceful and selfish performance I have ever seen… his excuse [to me] was, the wicket was too slow to play shots but that was a stupid thing to say after England had scored 334. The entire party is upset about it. Our national pride is too important to be thrown away like this." GS Ramchand, Indian manager in 1975

CW Endorsements:

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Just an enormous ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    What Gavaskar hasn't done in 20 years as a senior ex cricketer Dravid has done in a matter of weeks . . . talk sensibly, speak the truth, howsoever harsh, forget hurting the BCCI honchos. By the way, before asking more senior cricketers to retire from the game, how about asking some of India's senior, non-performing commentators to hang up their mikes . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Gavaskar, by a country mile, would give it to him for that 1975 performance alone tbh, but general twattish behaviour ever since makes the choice a very simple one
    Winner:
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Gavaskar, horrible sycophantic pathetic waste of space, toadying to the BCCI, like they have incriminating pictures of him being bukkake'd by Ladyboys.

Mohammad Asif (Pakistan)

Yes, I would make your sister a widow.

Crimes:

- Suspended for being a drug cheat (exonerated after a lengthly boo-****ing-hoo), 2006
    - Suspended for being a drug cheat, 2009
    - Third stooge of the spot fixing scandal
    - Drug smuggling in the UAE
    - Attempted extortion of his fiance
    - Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

"I didn't do anything wrong. There was one no-ball and, whatever the scenario was behind it, I described it in the court. There are lots of things and it will be in my book, which will be launched very soon." - Foreword to Asif: It's Tough Being Me

"It is hard to see how this could be an isolated occurrence for you." - Justice Cooke hands down his judgment on the above quote

"I love cricket: it is something that runs through me in my veins and my blood." - Along with THC

"I seriously expected a bravery award after what I have done." - Asif's ex-girlfriend after testifying on his spot-fixing

"He is a friendly and nice guy. I was shocked to hear about the allegations, so I dropped him from the film." - Bollywood director about Asif starring in a movie promoting friendship between India and Pakistan

CW Endorsements:

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Given that they've had a judicial trial that's found them guilty, if Asif and Aamir seek to use this as an opportunity to question their bans, I hope they get a 5 year extension free of cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    It'd be absolutely disgusting if Asif ever steps on a cricket pitch again.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    In a situation where one is being paid to professionally represent a nation I do believe it should be a criminal offence to take money to bowl no balls. Your sensibilities must have gone into the gutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    There's a world of difference between an unpleasant personality and being a crooked piece of ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    If true (not the detention but the posession), then Asif must rank as one of the most stupid and arrogant guys on the face of the planet
    Winner:
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I also must check my wallet today. Gooey stuff tends to remain in one's wallet for months and somehow never gets noticed
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 18-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

My God what a battle. Worthy of a final.

I'll go with Asif, but I feel dirty not voting for Gavaskar

Asif, but seriously, can we give Gavaskar a back route to the final?

Asif. But what a battle.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Gavaskar is an old softie against Asif the slimy piece of ****. Did not deserve the God given talent he threw away.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Gavaskar

Asif, miles ahead of Gavaskar.. ...This is a no-contest. Asif vs Azharuddin would've been better.
    Last edited by weldone; 18-02-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yeah, Asif
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Has to be Asif, yeah.

Sunny really is quite the **** tho, it must be said. Still tilting at colonial windmills after all these years.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Asif comfortably enough, but Sunny certainly has his moments

Asif easily.

Gavaskar gets far more **** than Azhar, who is a far far far worse human being.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Asif comfortably enough, but Sunny certainly has his moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Asif easily.

Gavaskar gets far more **** than Azhar, who is a far far far worse human being.
    Yes, agree with both..

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread Information