• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
Kallis seems to be utterly beige yet utterly brilliant. I suppose a good few great sportsmen have had very little in the personality department so he's not alone there.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajmal. Weak battle though, and there is no difference between Ajmal's and Botha's crimes afaic.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Love the Kallis description - he seems to be South Africa's version of Steve Waugh. I have no opinion about any of these cricketers. Am devo'd Watson 'lost'.

chicane

State Captain
Kallis the worst of those 3 IMO. His selfishness might be exagerrated by fans but it's there IMO and it's irksome.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nominate..

England 1877-2012
Ray Parr - PDCA umpire and ex Wenty Leagues man who once reported a captain for bowling his overs too quickly; and who also had us go out late in the day on the first arvo of the summer to face the Wenty Leagues attack which was littered with quality quicks when it was so dark the only light on the park was the strobe lights from a 21st being held in the hall which was just getting underway. When the first ball was defended by an unnamed Wenty Warwtahs opener on debut who then asked for the light, he ordered play to go on and asked "Don't you want to be out here, son?" Also ordered our quicks not to bowl bouncers at a Wenty Leagues batsman in a cut throat semi because they were "over doing it", as he made 143 in a losing cause. WAC he was.
A man so genuinely loathed that when news of his death reached certain quarters of the playing community, several genuinely said "I hope it was slow and painful".

Last edited: