• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah, **** him, deserves to go into the semi's. Harbhajan for me.

He probably doesn't warrant it, but he has the tag of being my least favourite cricketer of the era I've followed the game.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, Harby's had a good run. Got past Boycs (somehow) and Punter, so fair level of douchity.

Malik.
Yeah, Boycott should be in. Too many subcontinentals in the final 8. Also think Lillee's done a lot to discredit himself over the years. Anywayyy, working with what we have, I go Malik. Remember severely disliking him in '94 when he kept resisting Aus in Pakistan.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I was going to vote for Harbhajan on the grounds that he is a racist **** but seeing from LHC's summation that Malik is similarly minded, have to go for the slimeball.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Quarter-final 1 Results:

Salim Malik - 10
Harbhajan Singh - 1

Arsey run from Bhajji finally gets slapped down.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Quarter Final 2:

Javed Miandad (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Does not work or play well with others
- Subject of a player's revolt while captain in 1982
- Coached Pakistan, failed, so naturally the PCB reappointed him twice
- A decent snapshot of his relationship with Imran
- ...which led onto a career known for its grace and tact
- Checking self in as team baggage in 1996 so he could say he played in six World Cups, and averaging 27 striking at 51
- PCB stooge
- Married son into family of an international terrorist

"Obviously when you have other sub-standard teams across the world, then surely Australia will end up being the No. 1 team." - Javed "Richard" Miandad

"Had it been Javed Miandad in charge, who seldom spotted a potential fire without wading in with a can of petrol, they'd probably have had to use the waste pipe on the motorised water mop as a riot cannon." - Christopher Martin-Jenkins on the 2006 forfeited Test

"My guess is that Imran's efforts were aimed at trying to create an intrigue against my captaincy." - After not being invited to a party thrown by his BFF Imran Khan

"Despite the injustices done to me and the conspiracies hatched against me I am still very happy with what I achieved in the game and what Pakistan cricket has given to me." - It's tough being Javed

"What Miandad did was the most disgraceful thing I have seen on a cricket pitch." - Greg Chappell weighing the Lillee incident against witnessing Ray Bright bowl

"You're a fat bus conductor. You have no place here." - Miandad to Merv Hughes during the 1991 Adelaide Test
"Tickets please!" - Merv dismisses him him next over

Bloody hell. Was so sure I was going to vote for Haddin after reading the first two profiles... But then hit by Miandad.
As an obnoxious twerp and colossal cheat he rates just behind Ian Chappell.
The Pakistani umpire thing is no joke, they always favored him from all accounts.
that doesn't mean miandad was a saint either - both of 'em were scheming, convining rat-arse truckers in their own ways...
Chippy, had a massive Napoleon complex, was a complete penis & conveniently had that villain's 'tache just in case anyone playing along at home was in any doubt who was the bad guy.

Roy Gilchrist (West Indies)

Crimes:

- Used freakish fast bowling talents mostly to sate a freakish irritability
- Profligate and deliberate use of beamers
- Picked up a stump and hurled it at a Lancashire league batsman's head, hitting him
- High-profile sending home by Gerry Alexander
- A few violent tendencies
- ...culminating in branding his wife's face with an iron

"A tragedy born of the interaction between a flawed individual and a malformed society, an almost Greek inevitability as man and system proceeded to their inevitable and final collision." - Former Jamaican prime minister Michael Manley

"Your wife is a sympathetic woman, and more than you deserve. I hate to think English sport has sunk so far that brutes will be tolerated because they are good at games." - The judge at his domestic violence hearing[/QUOTE]

Dude... Roy Gilchrist was an angry, angry man. Probably the most vicious quickie the World has ever known.
Crazy *******.
He almost killed a guy who's claim to fame was that he had the same name as me :laugh: :laugh:

Gilchrist was a super fast bowler who was more than a bit violent. Wanted to kill the batsman with his beamers if he was hit. Didn't think twice about chucking them. Some guy :unsure: :unsure:
wow
he always struck me as a nice guy

edit- awwww LOOL it's some other Gilchrist. For a good couple of mins I was in disbelief.

Last edited: