• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Teja.

Global Moderator
WG Grace because despite all his faults - and there are way too ****ing many to enlist - Botham is one of the few people in this world who dislikes Ian Chappell as much as myself.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Botham, whose greatest sin has been missed off the list, that being his profligacy with the extraordinary talents he was lucky enough to be endowed with

Howe_zat

Audio File
Big West Country ****tard derby here.

Have to go with Both, I think. At least the good doctor's shyte commentary remains a matter of conjecture rather than a omnipresent fcat.
Indeed, at least WG isn't making such an effort to confirm twattishness over Sky on a regular basis. Botham

I'd have quite liked a Botham-Boycott final

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 3: The Quarrelsome Quarters

1. Ravi Shastri
2. Roy Gilchrist
3. Mohammad Asif
4. Hansie Cronje
5. Harbhajan Singh
6. Salim Malik
7. Javed Miandad
8. Ian Botham

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Quarter-Final 1

Salim Malik (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Darth Sidious of match-fixing
- Throwing away a 100-Test career of somewhat decent batsmanship to do so
- Demanding a job as Pakistan batting coach after all this miscellany
- Safe pair of hands
- Rashid Latif resigned in protest after hearing about Malik's lobbying for coach, then re-applied after Malik was told to **** off by PCB

"One could not really imagine how a player of his apparently good nature and conduct fall into such a sinister game of making illegal millions." Col. Rafi Nasim

"You know better than me." - Malik when asked if cricket in the 1990s was corrupt

"My first instinct was disgust that this low-life of a prick thought that loyalty to my country was for sale." - Steve Waugh after receiving an offer from Malik, before a match that Australia lost by one wicket

"Because they are white, I am sorry to say, and I am black I am out of cricket and they're still playing. There are many incidents. A couple of other white people are still playing. All the fault is with the Asian side." - Malik alleging racism in sport

"It was just like we are today," he said. "We were sitting in a room together...but the thing about white players is you can't trust them. The bastards have weird minds." - Malik proving racism in sport

"After being stuffed by 157 runs, Intikhab thought a group hug was in order. Latif told the court he was willing to embrace Malik but Malik 'did not respond positively.'" - Gideon Haigh

"A Test cricketer like me doesn't need any coaching course or any certificate. I have the ability to help the batsmen overcome their problems, which have been the main hurdle in team's performance." - Salim offers to help players cheat more efficiently

enjoyed a little bit of match fixing.
Just a massive, massive ****. Sporting of him to grow that villian's mo tho, just in case the audience are in any doubt who to boo.
Salim Malik is a known gambler . I have a friend here and Salim Malik owes him some money too ...
Just because others were (probably) involved, doesn't make what Malik did any less unforgiveable.
malik was a piece of ****
Harsh to write him off as just a match fixer when he's the only poor sod who was caught.
That just about says everything.

Harbhajan Singh (India)

Crimes:

- Obnoxious weed
- Monkeygate, Sydney 2008
- Murali's third bastard?
- Breaking Sreesanth's feelings
- Declines to walk after being clean bowled
- Arrested by NZ Customs
- Spitting, monkey noises at crowd

"Tera maa ki" - You're a monkey (Australian English)/Your mother was delectable (Punjabi)

"Harbhajan whooped fanatically like a slobbering, delirious hyena, picking apart a victim crushed by both the loss in Delhi and by Laxman's spirited resistance in the first-innings here in Ahmedabad." - CricketWeb feature by George Roberts

"His record speaks for itself in cricket. There is a certain line that you can kind of go to and then you know where you push it and he just pushes it all the time. That's why he has been charged more than anyone that's ever played in the history of cricket." - Matthew Hayden

"Harbhajan is unfit today because he decided to raise his hand now and excuse himself." - Sanjay Manjrekar

"Once a chucker, always a chucker." - Raj Singh Dungarpur, former BCCI president

"He just had a bit of extra fluid in his mouth and spat it out." - BCCI defends Harbhajan's spitting charge

The Djibril Cisse of cricket.
Obnoxious weed is sort of a funny line anyway. More than I'd have expected of Hayden.
If he was not so full of himself and was modest enough to take the advise of senior spinners like Prasanna (who is on record as saying that he has no intention to give any advise unless it is asked for), he had the potential to be an all time great. Today, he is reduced to being the second best off spinner of his own time and the gap between him and the number one is staggering.
Well Harbhajan is one of the biggest idiots and assholes on the international circuit.
Waiting for the **** to clean his shoes at immigration still...:ph34r:
Can't stand Harby. He'd be the captain, coach and MVP in my most hated 11. Reasons why have been outlined by people like Uppercut/SS. I think the petulant reaction of the BCCI, and the way Tendulkar (someone I've always had huge respect for) changed his story made me dislike him more. I know that's irrational, but that whole situation stunk.
I'm not obliged to decide who i like or don't like based solely on their moral fibre, and i don't think anyone should be.

Harbhajan, however, strikes me as a **** with no such redeeming features.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In defence of my quoted post from many a moon ago, Salim Malik was a thoroughly nice chap when he played for Essex.

I know he was a cheat an' all, but he's not all bad.