• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Watson chokes,cries,weeps ..Is that the reason? or is it because of "I love me" persona..see its not cricket...anyhow Butt heads it among the 3

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Must admit I'm suprised to read benchy describing him as "intelligent" too; have read more than one article openly questioning his smarts.
Doesn't that particular referrer make the reference a bit invalid?

In fairness to Watson though he's never sol out his country to get some cash. Hardly like he was poor before either was Butt.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Could you also put Kumar Sangakkara in the list as well since he whines all the time and cheats. Also Broad.

And Bresnan.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Final Tally - Round 1

Salman Butt: 11
Neil Adcock: 2
Shane Watson: 4

Investigators are making enquiries about the final result.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 2

Some worthy contenders chucked in, along with an ATG. Remember, it's not so much about who defiles the spirit of the game the most (unless that's your sole criterion) but who gives you the most primal reaction of pure, unadulterated rage.

Johan Botha (South Africa)

Crimes:

- Well, duh.

'NO BAAAALLLL!' - Completely impartial Gabba crowd, 1st Twenty20 between Australia and South Africa, 2006

'I think the ultimate solution will be if they can have an on-field measurement, but that's very difficult with the clothing and the different camera angles' - Botha on why he can't afford a jumper

Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- An ultimately unflattering doosra.
- Actually being supported by the PCB

‘The authorities are now allowing these mystery spinners, unorthodox off-spinners, to bend their elbows to a degree. If they are going to be allowed to do this England should be saying, “Shouldn’t we be teaching our young spinners to bowl like that as well?” - Bob Willis

'Someone is telling me my action is bad but the ICC allow me to bowl 23.5 degrees because my arm is not good but that’s my problem.' - Saeed Ajmal on his terrible orthopedic surgeon

Jacques Kallis (South Africa)

Crimes, according to the mainstream media:

- Not many

Crimes, according to CricketWeb:

It goes to show you that sometimes perceptions are correct (i.e. Kallis being seemingly selfish) and I get the impression of Kallis being a cricketer who certainly knew his numbers and played for them.
Kallis with his selfish slow batting begs to disagree :laugh:
I'd worship Jaques Kallis if he did not seem to exude an aura of extreme selfishness at times, again I said 'seem to' I don't know if he really was selfish. He just seems to love a 'not-out' more than any other batsman.
I have the utmost respect for Kallis but those numbers make him look pretty selfish.
No, he's a selfish cricketer IMO, whether you think it's crap or not.
Kallis. Wac. Good riddance you selfish ****.
I don't think he's boring - I think he's selfish. Awesome cricketer though but wouldn't say 'the' cricketer of his generation.
Moreover what sort of sportsman thinks "ah, **** it, we can't win, I'll play for myself."? I'll answer my own question: a selfish one.
And the winner:
Its just everytime I see him, the vision of a nasty apharteid era policeman jumps into my mind. :wacko:
Voting closes at 9pm AEST.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
"Its just everytime I see him, the vision of a nasty apharteid era policeman jumps into my mind. "

:lol:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would vote any from the first battle over any of these three.

Guess I'll go for Botha but don't dislike any of 'em.

Would have voted Twatto in a heartbeat.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Really tough one here. Ajmal seems like too nice of a bloke. Botha clearly chucks it but he's still pretty **** compared to spinners with cleaner actions, I almost feel sorry for him. Like why's he doing it when it doesn't even make him better than those who don't throw?

I'll have to go with Kallis then. For being arguably the greatest all-round cricketer of his generation and still not managing to excite anyone. Get some flair ffs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well harsh on Kallis being in this. Don't actually like the bloke but aside from being slightly bland in his public utterances and (allegedly, etc) a bit dim the worst you can say is he's selfish and not to everyone's taste (including mine) as a batsman.

Hard to split Murali's two bastards tho. Both have truly, truly awful actions. Think I'll go with Botha as he's actually been banned from bowling his wrong 'un and has the face of a Waffen SS Panzer commander.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it almost impossible to form a view on Kallis who is by far the most impressive cricketer I have ever felt totally indifferent about - Ajmal I actually rather like, its hardly his fault if he's allowed to get away with his doosra, so that, on the same basis as for brumbers, leaves Botha