• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only real reason why you would say bodyline is more sportsmanlike than the underarm incident is because you're English.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
haha.....Sreesanth, what a character......

I do wonder why he is Teja's favorite though

Sreesantha it is

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know Sreesanth is a ****knocker, but a friend of mine used to play with him and he says he's alright (if somewhat deranged) and he's always entertaining.

Ricky Ponting on the other hand, nothing entertaining about some of his BS.

So, Ponting it is for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tough one. Probably have to go with Punter as he was captain for the majority of his indiscretions and one holds them to higher standards than the rank and file.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I urge all future voters to consider Sree's tweet/fb update in the last few hours, which I shall assume are part of his CW campaign:

"“You will not see Sreesanth going overboard ever again. It’s not a promise, it’s an assurance. It’s a new life for me. I will not lie to you, but I will keep giving my best.”"
“My best is yet to come and whatever I had done in the last seven years is not even half of what I could have. You have to give the game your best and the game does the same to you. I kept hearing things like ‘ohh uska toh khatam ho gaya. Voh ab kya khelega’ (he is over now, what will he play now). But I kept fighting and here I am. I was never going to give up however small my chances might have been.” (sic)
Ponting, here.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Despite being Australian, their various indiscretions and generally twattish behaviour, I do like Lillee and Punter so Sreesanth is in pole position by default. I did try to like him for a while as I thought he was going to turn into a good bowler, but he never has, and he's a petulant little ****, so Sreesanth it is

Furball

Evil Scotsman
wtf, Sreesanth is an irrelevance. A douchebag, yes, but annoying in the same way a fly buzzing round your head for a couple of seconds is annoying.

This battle should be between the two Australians, and I'm tossing my vote Ponting's way for his behaviour at Melbourne in 2010.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Seriously, it's bad enough that Boycott got eliminated by Harbhajan ****ing Singh, it would be a travesty for Sreesanth to knock out Ponting or Lillee (which incidentally is a poofy name.)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Actually quite like Sreesanth, plus his fielding has provided a good few laughs. He's also a psychologist dontchaknow.

Wasn't around in Lillee's day so Ponting for me