• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody hell.

If that's a crime it's a fair cop & I'd like 41,000 other offences to be taken into consideration.
I'm not keen on Gilchrist on account of him playing so bloody well against England so often, but that was the only thing I can think of when he's behaved in a slightly one-eyed fashion towards a fellow human being

....... on the being a gent comparison he's a bit like yourself really brumbers, though there is another subject I can think of where you have a touch of tunnel vision

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
After reading about the Iron incident, I think I will have to change my opinion on who the worst person to have played cricket is. Gilchrist

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 12 non-result:

Roy Gilchrist - 8
Mohammad Azharuddin - 8
Suresh Raina - 0

Will chuck in my tiebreaker: Roy Gilchrist for diversity's sake - no West Indian nor anyone up against a match fixer has progressed yet. This takes some legit arsehole cred.

Next battle: watch this space.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 13

Inb4 the "x shouldn't be in this because he could bat a bit" posts.

Ravi Shastri (India)

Crimes:

- Stonewaller, petulant little turdwipe on and off-field
- Currently paid 3.6 crore rupees (about $650k US) to fellate the BCCI on Sky
- Retired from international cricket at age 30 to do so
- DRS sucks, Nasser, you just hate India because you're jelly
- Ranatunga's wingman on the chucker-callers-are-racist meme
- Impotent; needed 18 years of marriage to conceive first child
- Almost getting Warnie perma-dropped on debut

"These days, just hearing him commentate you can tell Shastri is very important because it is impossible to work out if he is actually any good." - The Guardian

"They are jealous about the fact that India are world champions. They are jealous because of the money being made by the Indian cricket board. The bottom line is that [England] have never been bloody No. 1 in the world in Test cricket. So don't criticise unless you have been there and know." - Shastri earns his 36 million rupees

"Your last game was a good tight game against...whom did you beat?" - Shastri while interviewing Tendulkar

Greg Chappell (Australia)

Sachin finds your lack of faith disturbing.

Crimes:

- Dropping Simon Katich
- Oversaw death throes of the 'Ugly Australians', ushering in the '**** Australians'
- Picker-and-chooser of overseas tours
- High-ranking Packerlyte in WSC
- 50 Shades of Greg
- What's an underarm between brothers?
- Getting banned from the Australian dressing room
- Worst coach of India since the last one

"The thing (with Chappell) was that whatever you shared with him, it was promptly disclosed to the media and selectors. He hurt the trust." - Virender Sehwag

"No, Greg, no, you can't do that!" - Brother Ian commentating just before the underarm

"An act of cowardice appropriate to a team playing in yellow." - NZ PM Robert Muldoon after the underarm game

"Ignore him, Greg, he's just the dickhead who says what everyone else is thinking." - A club president comforts Chappell after he was heckled at an after-dinner speech

Brian Lara (West Indies)

Crimes:

- Impulsive prima donna
- Selective walker
- Captaincy record of 10W-26L-11D from 47 Tests (55.3% losses)
- Walking out on a Test series because of a sponsorship deal
- Having a jail and a death-trap cancer clinic named after him
- Accused of match-fixing?
- Dismissed by a girl

"It seemed an alien took control of his being." - Steve Waugh on an almost onfield fight with Lara

"It was a shocking decision. Being captain of West Indies is a huge honour and a huge job. It needs a big man to do it, someone well-rounded as an individual. Brian Lara is not. He's a spoilt child." - Michael Holding

"One cannot picture a Clive Lloyd or a Frank Worrell, although men of different temperaments, not exerting their full moral authority to keep the team in line. It is clear that Brian Lara does not possess like qualities." - The Jamaica Gleaner

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
lol....the dirt dug up on shastri and chappell is hilarious......Lara probably doesn't belong in such exalted company.

Tough choosing b/w a tool and and a BCCI tool. A few years back it would have been Chappell for sure but Shastri shades it for sheer longevity of toolness on the screen

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 1, Battle 13
"Ignore him, Greg, he's just the dickhead who says what everyone else is thinking." - A club president comforts Chappell after he was heckled at an after-dinner speech
:laugh: Superb.

Any idea what the heckler said??

Anyway, voting for Chappell here. Would not be disappointed to see Shastri prevail though.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hold Greg Chappell almost as responsible as Hilditch for the ****tardery of 2009-2011, so Chappell it is. Shastri a worthy competitor, mind.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't watch enough games outside of Australia to see the worst of Shastri, so Chappell.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Don't hear much of Chappell really in my quarters - here more than I can bear from and about Shastri.

It's Shastri!