Cricket Player Manager
Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Infamous

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, Boycs has been robbed here. Harbhajan a common or garden tool but Sir Geoffrey is genuinely borderline sociopathic.

One Essex supporter, now working for the BBC, recounts a tale of asking Boycott for his autograph as a young lad in the early 70s when Boycs was playing at Chelmsford. Initially Boycott refused but then said if he and his mates washed his car he'd sign later.

You can guess what happened already, can't you? The young fella and his chums dutifully washed the motor and stood waiting politely by it with their autograph books ready. Boycott got in and drove off; no word of thanks, no signatures. To use kids like that is really rotten stuff, IMHO.

Complete ****, tbh.

umm. ah. I mean yes. How terrible. Disgraceful. What a ****.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Round 1, Battle 9

One of the groups of death.

Btw, any dirt I've missed out on is more than welcome for mention - winners of each battle will have additional suggestions included in their Round of 16 CV.

Shane Warne (Australia)

Crimes (heavily summarized):

- Victorian
    - Raiding his mum's medicine cabinet
    - Sex scandals, sex scandals everywhere
    - Flogging pitch/weather information to John the Bookie
    - Can't bowl, can't throw, and ensuing hospital pass to Joe the Cameraman
    - Relentless sexual harassment of a woman on a South Africa tour
    - His best send-off
    - Actively undermining John Buchanan and the Test side in the process
    - Smoking-gate
    - Expelled from the Australian Centre for Excellence for being an obstinately fat ****
    - Dropping the Ashes (2:09)
    - Dropping Damien Fleming's second hat-trick (3:08)
    - Worst ball of the current century
    - Threatening a comeback every Ashes series
    - Most profligate rent-a-quote in world cricket

"I have had 13 unauthorised biographies done in my life and the first one I read was completely wrong." - Warne declines to comment on the other 12

"He can't keep his mouth shut because he wants to keep making these comments. He must be a miserable man in his life." - Muttiah Muralitharan

"You loser, you sent the message to the wrong person." - Simone Warne after getting a saucy text intended for anyone but Simone Warne

"I can categorically state that Shane did not say anything inappropriate about my mother." - Ronnie Irani breaks Warnie's then-12-year streak in FC games

"How horny...I am like a dog on heat..." - Excerpt from a video of a threesome starring Warne

Sunil Gavaskar (India)

Crimes:

- Abrasive captain, bloke, commentator
    - Walking off the field and dragging his partner with him after being given out, while captain
    - And you thought Kallis was selfish - scoring 36* (174) in the 1975 World Cup opener
    - Demanding Kapil Dev be dropped because of 'reckless cricket' in 1984 and refusing to play at Eden Gardens for fear of being booed
    - Commentary ranked beneath Navjot Sidhu and Arun Lal
    - Ruthless advocate for rule changes that encourage FTBs

"I can't forget the time he once told a team meeting - 'The day I stop thinking of money, I will stagnate.'" - Bishen Bedi

I would also like to suggest that there should be no water for bowlers at the boundary end. - Gavaskar on the ban on runners for batsmen

"Millions of Indians want to know if it [match referee Mike Procter's verdict against Harbhajan Singh] was a 'white man' taking the 'white man's' word against that of the 'brown man'. Quite simply, if there was no audio evidence, nor did the officials hear anything, then the charge did not stand." - Sunil Gavaskar, while an employee of the ICC

Glenn McGrath (Australia)

Crimes:

- Worse sledger - albeit less creative - than Warne
    - The Sarwan affair as extracted from the Robelinda archives
    - Racist abuse of Jayasuriya
    - Not watching where he's ****ing walking
    - Only one correct prediction of an Ashes scoreline (2006/07)

"That Glenn McGrath ... what a bastard." - Mick Jagger

"If you ever ****ing talk about my wife again I'll ****ing rip your ****ing throat out." - McGrath

"He wasn't one of the happiest guys. He always moaned and whinged. If he wasn't getting wickets and the batsmen were hitting him for a few fours, he got a bit personal and upset." - Rudi Koertzen

"Why are you so ****ing fat?"..."Because every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit." - Eddo Brandes' retort to a McGrath stock sledge
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 14-12-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    bcci gets Sunil over the line
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

McGrath's surprisingly camp speaking voice must've made some of those sledges rather amusing.

Anyway, Sunny for me. No one likes a sell-out.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Gavaskar has become a complete **** of late.....

Gavaskar....

great work though longhop....some pretty hilarious stuff that you find
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Yeah, Boycs has been robbed here. Harbhajan a common or garden tool but Sir Geoffrey is genuinely borderline sociopathic.

One Essex supporter, now working for the BBC, recounts a tale of asking Boycott for his autograph as a young lad in the early 70s when Boycs was playing at Chelmsford. Initially Boycott refused but then said if he and his mates washed his car he'd sign later.

You can guess what happened already, can't you? The young fella and his chums dutifully washed the motor and stood waiting politely by it with their autograph books ready. Boycott got in and drove off; no word of thanks, no signatures. To use kids like that is really rotten stuff, IMHO.

Complete ****, tbh.

Boycott WAC

anybody know why Mick Jagger was ticked off at McG?

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    I have to say my favourite part of the research is reading robelinda's titles of his videos. Quality summaries.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Gavaskar

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    - Only one correct prediction of an Ashes scoreline (2006/07)

gavaskar, the ****
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Warne.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar

Complete ****, tbh.
    Excellent man management tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Gavaskar, horrible sycophantic pathetic waste of space, toadying to the BCCI, like they have incriminating pictures of him being bukkake'd by Ladyboys.

Never knowingly said anything interesting in the commentary box either. ****. Wins it easily.

I say this as an Englishman who the other two made my cricketing life a misery for over a decade, and I've always had a thing for Liz Hurley.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Gavaskar, horrible sycophantic pathetic waste of space, toadying to the BCCI, like they have incriminating pictures of him being bukkake'd by Ladyboys.

School Boy/Girl Captain longtom's Avatar
    Gavascar as No 1 tool - easily!
    regards

longtom

Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information