• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Spark

Global Moderator
Boycott is one of the better commentators going around IMO (or, at least, summariser. His rants on the TMS podcast are a source of consistent entertainment). Harbhajan.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
May as well wrap this one now in light of Bhajji's lead - although it was 6-6 at one stage while Australians were asleep. :ph34r:

Results - Round 1, Battle 8

Jesse Ryder - 0
Geoff Boycott - 7
Harbhajan Singh - 12

Next battle up soon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Boycs has been robbed here. Harbhajan a common or garden tool but Sir Geoffrey is genuinely borderline sociopathic.

One Essex supporter, now working for the BBC, recounts a tale of asking Boycott for his autograph as a young lad in the early 70s when Boycs was playing at Chelmsford. Initially Boycott refused but then said if he and his mates washed his car he'd sign later.

You can guess what happened already, can't you? The young fella and his chums dutifully washed the motor and stood waiting politely by it with their autograph books ready. Boycott got in and drove off; no word of thanks, no signatures. To use kids like that is really rotten stuff, IMHO.

Complete ****, tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, Boycs has been robbed here. Harbhajan a common or garden tool but Sir Geoffrey is genuinely borderline sociopathic.

One Essex supporter, now working for the BBC, recounts a tale of asking Boycott for his autograph as a young lad in the early 70s when Boycs was playing at Chelmsford. Initially Boycott refused but then said if he and his mates washed his car he'd sign later.

You can guess what happened already, can't you? The young fella and his chums dutifully washed the motor and stood waiting politely by it with their autograph books ready. Boycott got in and drove off; no word of thanks, no signatures. To use kids like that is really rotten stuff, IMHO.

Complete ****, tbh.
:laugh:

umm. ah. I mean yes. How terrible. Disgraceful. What a ****.

:ph34r:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 9

One of the groups of death.

Btw, any dirt I've missed out on is more than welcome for mention - winners of each battle will have additional suggestions included in their Round of 16 CV.

Shane Warne (Australia)

Crimes (heavily summarized):

- Victorian
- Raiding his mum's medicine cabinet
- *** scandals, *** scandals everywhere
- Flogging pitch/weather information to John the Bookie
- Can't bowl, can't throw, and ensuing hospital pass to Joe the Cameraman
- Relentless ***ual harassment of a woman on a South Africa tour
- His best send-off
- Actively undermining John Buchanan and the Test side in the process
- Smoking-gate
- Expelled from the Australian Centre for Excellence for being an obstinately fat ****
- Dropping the Ashes (2:09)
- Dropping Damien Fleming's second hat-trick (3:08)
- Worst ball of the current century
- Threatening a comeback every Ashes series
- Most profligate rent-a-quote in world cricket

"I have had 13 unauthorised biographies done in my life and the first one I read was completely wrong." - Warne declines to comment on the other 12

"He can't keep his mouth shut because he wants to keep making these comments. He must be a miserable man in his life." - Muttiah Muralitharan

"You loser, you sent the message to the wrong person." - Simone Warne after getting a saucy text intended for anyone but Simone Warne

"I can categorically state that Shane did not say anything inappropriate about my mother." - Ronnie Irani breaks Warnie's then-12-year streak in FC games

"How horny...I am like a dog on heat..." - Excerpt from a video of a threesome starring Warne

Sunil Gavaskar (India)

Crimes:

- Abrasive captain, bloke, commentator
- Walking off the field and dragging his partner with him after being given out, while captain
- And you thought Kallis was selfish - scoring 36* (174) in the 1975 World Cup opener
- Demanding Kapil Dev be dropped because of 'reckless cricket' in 1984 and refusing to play at Eden Gardens for fear of being booed
- Commentary ranked beneath Navjot Sidhu and Arun Lal
- Ruthless advocate for rule changes that encourage FTBs

"I can't forget the time he once told a team meeting - 'The day I stop thinking of money, I will stagnate.'" - Bishen Bedi

“I would also like to suggest that there should be no water for bowlers at the boundary end.” - Gavaskar on the ban on runners for batsmen

"Millions of Indians want to know if it [match referee Mike Procter's verdict against Harbhajan Singh] was a 'white man' taking the 'white man's' word against that of the 'brown man'. Quite simply, if there was no audio evidence, nor did the officials hear anything, then the charge did not stand." - Sunil Gavaskar, while an employee of the ICC

Glenn McGrath (Australia)

Crimes:

- Worse sledger - albeit less creative - than Warne
- The Sarwan affair as extracted from the Robelinda archives
- Racist abuse of Jayasuriya
- Not watching where he's ****ing walking
- Only one correct prediction of an Ashes scoreline (2006/07)

"That Glenn McGrath ... what a bastard." - Mick Jagger

"If you ever ****ing talk about my wife again I'll ****ing rip your ****ing throat out." - McGrath

"He wasn't one of the happiest guys. He always moaned and whinged. If he wasn't getting wickets and the batsmen were hitting him for a few fours, he got a bit personal and upset." - Rudi Koertzen

"Why are you so ****ing fat?"..."Because every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit." - Eddo Brandes' retort to a McGrath stock sledge

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
McGrath's surprisingly camp speaking voice must've made some of those sledges rather amusing.

Anyway, Sunny for me. No one likes a sell-out.

smash84

The Tiger King
Gavaskar has become a complete **** of late.....

Gavaskar....

great work though longhop....some pretty hilarious stuff that you find

smash84

The Tiger King

Complete ****, tbh.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Boycott WAC