• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Himannv

International Coach
What's Kumar done? By all accounts very personable and intellectual. Can't remember anything he's done apart from that sledging of Pollock caught on the stump cams in the 2003 WC.
Sledging Pollock was probably his best moment afaic.

Sanga's a douche and a bit too full of himself to be all that likeable. It always surprises me when people speak highly of the guy. Add the **** in imo.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Sledging Pollock was probably his best moment afaic.

Sanga's a douche and a bit too full of himself to be all that likeable. It always surprises me when people speak highly of the guy. Add the **** in imo.
Sanga is a dick and a cheat. I would vote for him.

Out of this matchup, my vote goes to Healey, for being a fat bastard that sledged other fat bastards.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The fact that Kohli won more votes than a bloke who took performance enhancing drugs and another bloke who took pleasure in his bowlers cracking skulls is a credit to me :cool:
It really is :laugh:

Cronje for this one, obvious reasons

smash84

The Tiger King
for some reason I have somewhat of a soft spot for Cronje.

Maybe because he confessed.

Croft is pretty abominable so CROFT it is

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Healy a bit of an also-ran here - Croft a thoroughly worthy opponent to Dirty Hansie but redeems himself just enough in my eyes by a working over he gave Sir Geoffrey in a Roses Match back in the 70s so Cronje gets my vote

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Croft wins over Cronje because the latter had the decency to crash a plane into the side of a mountain.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't vote for Healy after he gave me one of the biggest laughs of (last?) year with the Segway Incident. Beautiful.

So Cronje it is.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Healy is the douchebag's douchebag but he wasn't at least actively bent, so it's Cronje by a distance.

The whiff of his pious sanctimony always turned my stomach. No hypocrite like a religious hypocrite.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1, Battle 8

We welcome our first Kiwi into a meat-grinder round, with Jesse providing most of the meat.

Jesse Ryder (New Zealand)

Crimes:

- Fat
- Used his God-given gifts of visual perception on the bottom of pint glasses
- Set standard for has-been cricketers going into boxing
- Diagnoses self as fit enough for IPL, not fit enough for internationals

"I'm pretty desperate to stay on the right track and be a Black Cap." - Is that so, Jesse, please tell us more

"I'm 102 or 103 days sober now." - Ryder conflates 'sober' and 'pregnant'

"Don't you know who I am? I'm New Zealand cricket." - Ryder trying to jump the queue at the local ER, after breaking his hand in a bar fight

"Ryder may have the longest lower abdominal strain in history - someone with a heart transplant would have been back quicker." - Adam Parore

Sir Geoffrey Boycott (England)

Crimes:

- Insipid, selfish batsman
- Notorious for hogging the strike, with his partner's wicket being an acceptable risk
- Making a double century so boring it was a droppable offence
- Presiding over Yorkshire's worst period in county cricket history
- In his own class of socially inept
- Domestic violence soap opera

"He can be so rude to people that sometimes you just want to punch his lights out." - Mark Nicholas, MMA aspirant

"The frequent imperfections of Boycott's running between the wickets paled into insignificance when set beside the awfulness of his various attempts to be a cricket captain." - Leo McKinstry

"You have done for Australian cricket what the Boston Strangler did for door-to-door salesmen." - Hate mail received on an Ashes tour after another soporific ton

"I can tell thee what tha's doing wrong, lad. But I'm not going to." - Boycott to a young David Gower on tour

"Why do people not like me, David? I'm just an ordinary bloke trying to do a job." - Boycott to Gower, two years later

Harbhajan Singh (India)

Crimes:

- Obnoxious weed
- Monkeygate, Sydney 2008
- Murali's third bastard?
- Breaking Sreesanth's feelings

"Tera maa ki" - You're a monkey (Australian English)/Your mother's **** was delectable (Punjabi)

"His record speaks for itself in cricket. There is a certain line that you can kind of go to and then you know where you push it and he just pushes it all the time. That's why he has been charged more than anyone that's ever played in the history of cricket." - Matthew Hayden

"Harbhajan is unfit today because he decided to raise his hand now and excuse himself." - Sanjay Manjrekar

"Once a chucker, always a chucker." - Raj Singh Dungarpur, former BCCI president

"I am God's favourite son, he has given me all." - Bhajji jabs at Jesus

Last edited: