Afridi is the greatest living cricketer. His presence blights this whole thing.
Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 23-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.
"The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber
RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.
If by stupid you mean cream boundaries through the offside, he's already done that. Many times.
Kohli should play without a shirt on itbt.
Last edited by Jono; 23-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Man is 8ankitj going to be embarrassed when he realises.
Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universeCome and Paint Turtle
Results of Round 1, Battle 4:
Afridi - 10
Clarke - 1
Ganguly - 4
Our Shahid showing his teeth.
Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 25-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Round 1, Battle 5
Sir Donald Bradman (Australia)
- General detachment and aloofness from teammates
- Opposed pay rises for cricketers who then defected to WSC
- Missing his round despite being loaded at the time
- Trying to get Fleetwood-Smith, McCabe, Fingleton and O'Reilly perma-dropped from Test cricket for being 'insubordinate' (and incidentally, Catholic)
- Own son changed his surname to 'Bradson' out of sheer annoyance of springing from his loins
'Bradman's playing philosophy – that cricket should not be a career, and that those good enough could profit from other avenues – also seems to have borne on his approach to administration.' - Gideon Haigh
'With these fellows out of the way, the loyalty of my 1948 side was a big joy and made a big contribution to the outstanding success of that tour.' - The man himself
'He was a very fine bat.' - Jack Fingleton, when asked about his personal relationship with the Don
Sir Ian Botham (England)
- Single-handedly fracturing Somerset (and taking Viv Richards with him) with schoolboy antics
- Designated troll of Sky commentary team
- At least two extramarital affairs
- Beating up people on airlines
- Called out for racist abuse and ball tampering by Imran Khan, and then losing the defamation case he filed because it was true
'What have you done, what have you done?' 'I've run you out, you ****.' - Botham clarifies things to Geoff Boycott
'I told him that the people around him had caused his paranoia. Botham did things in that period and afterwards that I will never forgive or forget – never.' - Peter Roebuck
'Babe, you ain't seen nothing yet! The mighty Beefy sword awaits ... and that's just for starters.' - Botham in an e-mail to his mistress
Andrew Symonds (Australia)
- What we were all thinking
- Missing an entire training camp because it was fishing season
- Turning up hungover the day Australia lost to Bangladesh
- Naked assault
'He can go home then!' - Ricky Ponting after learning about Roy's nighttime adventures
'The main concern from us is Andrew's commitment, to playing for this team and, in my opinion and I know the rest of the leadership team's opinion, you need to be committed 100 per cent.' - Michael Clarke
'Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of ****, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of.' - Symonds stuck between two metaphors re: Brendon McCullum
Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 26-09-2012 at 07:30 AM.
quality write up again.
love symonds, forgive bradman his crimes, botham the **** it is.
Can't stand Symonds, but he scores a vital point because Michael Clarke dislikes him.
Botham it is.
Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.
Vimes tells it how it is:
Beefy, though Roy's a gun choice too.
Bradman sounded like a ****, but he's still a genius.
RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
Damn it. Would have nominated Vinod Kambli.
Wow, stiff round.
I think Bradman's less than glorious war service record might've warranted a mention too. Invalided out of the army with symptoms that Charles Williams's bio suggest were psychosomatic.
Not to mention his dubious reputation as a stock trader.
Or his persistent attempts to traduce Larwood as a chucker.
Actually, **** it, it's a walkover: Bradman.
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
- Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)