• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what with that LBW and his troubles in the (9)90's, you could say he's a regular Shane Watson

Top_Cat

Eloquentia showed me on Facey.

And yeah that might be true but after hitting the pad the ball the ball continued along something resembling its original path and cleared the stumps by a foot. There was just no way it was hitting the pegs. Probably missing off too but definitely going over the top. Why did the umpire think your pads would make the ball deviate a foot upwards?
On that length, usually a fair leave on Uni 2. Uni 1, however, he would have been stone dead but, well, probably wouldn't have left it.

Top_Cat

Oh doi, I can see the practice wicket poles now. Was trying to judge the angle from where the cars are parked, miserable fail.

Spikey

bowlologist Damien Fleming 2h
moment Mark Waugh is told he isn't working on today's #RyobiODC game at SCG NSW v WA #ReadYourEmails #2hourDriveHome

Spikey

pews, skidmark00, andre and co, who or what is a H Evans, and is there any reason to not pick him ahead of david dawson. 2 50's in a 2nd xi game basically moves him to the top of the list right

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
pews, skidmark00, andre and co, who or what is a H Evans, and is there any reason to not pick him ahead of david dawson. 2 50's in a 2nd xi game basically moves him to the top of the list right
That'd be Harry Evans, the young Gordon batsman. Pretty sure he's only early 20s and he's been going well in grade cricket the last couple of seasons, so yeah he'd be close now.

Dawson just kills it in grade cricket constantly though and he's only played a handful of games for NSW; I'm fine with him getting a bit more of a go tbh.

EDIT: Apparently Dawson hasn't actually gone as well in grade this season as I thought; averaging under 40. Dominated last season though obviously. Hmm.

Last edited:

Spikey

to me, he's a 31 guy who has been around for almost 10 years now and hasn't sealed a spot. it's almost a return to grant lambert! i guess with rohrer now injured he's maybe worth another game or two, but..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
to me, he's a 31 guy who has been around for almost 10 years now and hasn't sealed a spot.
I'm a sucker for those kind of players tbh. It's probably not really worth it if he's not currently out-performing the other blokes in grade though really.

Spikey

I'm a sucker for those kind of players tbh. It's probably not really worth it if he's not currently out-performing the other blokes in grade though really.
i'd rather give Cruickshank another chance tbh (although memories of ben cutting beating him for pace come racing back)

Spikey

Daniel Brettig ‏@danbrettig

This just in. Steve O'Keefe not going to India if his last ball is any indication. #cricket

what'd i miss